The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Exam - G482 Electrons, Waves, Photons [09/06/16]

Haven't seen a G482 thread here and since I saw a G481 only just go up a couple of days ago, I thought I'd make one for G482 :smile:

How is everyone preparing?

Thursday 9th June 2016 - Morning: OCR Physics A - G482 - Electrons, Waves, Photons

Resources:-

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
take it im the only one doing this exam at all let alone for the first time? (as and a2 physics in one year) ahah anyways..

anyone know how to do this?
You need to work out how many electrons will be emitted per second - then use that to get the charge per second.
Reply 3
Original post by tripleseven
take it im the only one doing this exam at all let alone for the first time? (as and a2 physics in one year) ahah anyways..

anyone know how to do this?

I thought you would use P=IV
Reply 4
Any predictions for tomorrow???xx
LOL please tell me someone made predictions for tomorrow's exams 😭 I'm sooooo dead for tomorrow!! I hope they don't ask hard question :frown:
I hate potential divider questions... I hope it doesn't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
i have a prediction: we all die :smile: Im so dreading tomorrow help!!
Has anyone got the 2015 paper???
How ready does everyone feel for tomorrow??🙈
How are you guys revising for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Considering last years paper was excellent for most people. This year is likely to be difficult. Read the examiners report. Since the first 3 questions from last year was Electricity there wont be much on it i think. Loads on the other stuff i guess.
Original post by vking225
Considering last years paper was excellent for most people. This year is likely to be difficult. Read the examiners report. Since the first 3 questions from last year was Electricity there wont be much on it i think. Loads on the other stuff i guess.

Oh no... I hated that paper.. I really hope that it's not difficult.. :frown: I thought last year was hard because people complained about it???

Also what mark do you need to get out of a 100 to get full UMS???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by FemaleBo55
Oh no... I hated that paper.. I really hope that it's not difficult.. :frown: I thought last year was hard because people complained about it???

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need 100/100 to get full 150 UMS
Reply 12
Just a list of prediction I think will come up based on from last years paper:
Longitudinal Transverse Waves
EM spectrum
Diffraction
Loads on Quantum Physics except photoelectric effect
They basically asked a lot on electricity so i have no idea what to expect.
Reply 13
Original post by FemaleBo55

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on each paper last year to get full UMS was 78/100. On physics and maths tutor they have the 100ums mark for each paper
Original post by vking225
Just a list of prediction I think will come up based on from last years paper:
Longitudinal Transverse Waves
EM spectrum
Diffraction
Loads on Quantum Physics except photoelectric effect
They basically asked a lot on electricity so i have no idea what to expect.

What about electricity and potential dividers???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Good luck everyone!!!!
How did everyone find it..
I found it hard tbh... :frown: but it was sort of better than last year but still... I didn't understand the electro acceleration question

Is anyone going to make the unofficial mark scheme for this paper :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
is this the new or old spec?
Original post by Yooooooooo
is this the new or old spec?

Old specification

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teachercol
You need to work out how many electrons will be emitted per second - then use that to get the charge per second.

Would you be able to make the unofficial mark scheme please? I know you did it last year and it helped :smile: if you don't mind of course lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending