The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L1lly
Any predictions for the film essay???

I'm guessing, do you think your metteur en scène deserves the respect he has been given. But honestly it could be anything. (I'm hoping techniques tbh)
Good luck everyone!
my exemplar paragraph on why future generations should read the book

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pablo Picasso
my exemplar paragraph on why future generations should read the book

Spoiler

De nombreuses gens (adjective before the noun -> feminine)
il aurait été dommage -> il serait dommage
d'autres livres qui traitant du thème de l'Holocauste,
qu'on peut suivre
Also repeats D'après moi, but overall really impressive - good luck!
Original post by Bananapeeler
De nombreuses gens (adjective before the noun -> feminine)
il aurait été dommage -> il serait dommage
d'autres livres qui traitant du thème de l'Holocauste,
qu'on peut suivre
Also repeats D'après moi, but overall really impressive - good luck!

Thank you :smile: are you doing this book and good luck
Thank you :smile: are you doing this book and good luck

Nah, I'm doing l'Etranger :smile:
Sooo how did everybody find it??
Reply 107
Original post by rebecca30
Sooo how did everybody find it??

I loved the film essay questions, found some of the listening and the french to English translation quite hard but the rest was okay. What did you think to it?
Original post by CJaneH
I loved the film essay questions, found some of the listening and the french to English translation quite hard but the rest was okay. What did you think to it?

Yeah essay questions weren't too bad, although I think I messed mine up because I wasn't 100% sure what it was asking so probably didn't answer it properly but oh well.
French to English translation was horrific haha. Listening and reading was mostly alright though :smile: What did you put as the synonym for 'la vie penible' on the question about the Chinese family going to Belgium?
Essay questions were nice! I did the second artist question which was good but I couldn't remember what occasion meant and of course it's second hand! Oops! Hopefully the other stuff went well so the mark doesn't drop! 😜
Suppose that was okay! Didnt like the translation one (Wtf was the french to english one lmao) or the cloning Ran out of time on my essay and I wrote waaaay too much and thought I had half an hour when it was 5 minutes so I rushed my conclusion and partly answered the question hahaha. Sooo happy the question was on influences on Stromae 😆😆😆
Hope everyone else's went well!
wtf was that s h i t man,hardest ****ing paper ive ever done
Essay was fab, translations were a bit meh tbh, especially French to English omg, the first couple of listenings frustrated me though. Was a weird paper tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I honestly hated the French to English translation - especially since it turns out I knew a correct answer that I didn't put down! I'm also hoping my examiner is nice because my structure was really off with my essay, though I think what I wrote was fairly decent :smile:
Reply 114
Thought it was significantly harder than any past papers, especially the specific vocab in the French to English. Feel most worried about how my essay went (did 12a on Le Petit Prince) - not sure if I explicitly answered the question well enough 😪 feeling really disheartened 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone remember any answers to questions?! i thought that exam was genuinely horrific
Original post by rebecca30
Yeah essay questions weren't too bad, although I think I messed mine up because I wasn't 100% sure what it was asking so probably didn't answer it properly but oh well.
French to English translation was horrific haha. Listening and reading was mostly alright though :smile: What did you put as the synonym for 'la vie penible' on the question about the Chinese family going to Belgium?

Yes me too! Did you do the film?

For 'la vie penible' I got 'la galere' meaning chore/pain/hell.
The first listening I found so hard. All the questions were on really specific topic areas (cloning dogs/electronic bracelets etc) I thought this year!? The translations were a bit mean I thought.:angry:

Did anyone else do the metteur en scene question which was something like
"Analysez les principales influences... A votre avis, est-ce que ces influences sont plus fortes sur les techniques ou les themes?" :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
What a fabulous exam! Absolutely smashed it! Oxford here I come!!!
Reply 118
wtf was that s h i t man,hardest ****ing paper ive ever done

yup.
Reply 119
Original post by La_magicienne
Yes me too! Did you do the film?

For 'la vie penible' I got 'la galere' meaning chore/pain/hell.
The first listening I found so hard. All the questions were on really specific topic areas (cloning dogs/electronic bracelets etc) I thought this year!? The translations were a bit mean I thought.:angry:

Did anyone else do the metteur en scene question which was something like
"Analysez les principales influences... A votre avis, est-ce que ces influences sont plus fortes sur les techniques ou les themes?" :smile:

I put la galère! I did that question too, I did it for La Haine by Kassovitz :smile: I hated how many environment questions it had as its my least favourite topic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending