The Student Room Group

Is it possible to pass A levels without any outside of school revision?

Just wanting to know.
"pass", yes.
Yes, if you are clever.
Reply 3
Well then A-levels should be an easy ride.
Reply 4
Yes, I did
Yes, I got four As at AS level without less than 5 hours per subject outside of school total work. I imagine A2s would not be much more of a challenge.
Yes.

If you consider an E a pass lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
anything above an F is a pass i guess. so yeah...
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Just wanting to know.

Of course! If you are blessed with a photographic memory...
Why would you even want to put yourself in that position? Why not just revise and get good grades?
To answer your question, it depends how much attention you pay in class and if you really know your stuff. You could "pass" but not with a very good grade. If you struggle at the subject in general anyway and don't revise outside of school then you definitely will fail.

I recommend you revise. It's only for your own benefit.
Reply 10
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Why would you even want to put yourself in that position? Why not just revise and get good grades?
To answer your question, it depends how much attention you pay in class and if you really know your stuff. You could "pass" but not with a very good grade. If you struggle at the subject in general anyway and don't revise outside of school then you definitely will fail.

I recommend you revise. It's only for your own benefit.

Meh, I got 6 A*'s and 4A's. I don't consider that "not a very good grade"

You won't be able to.
There's too much content you'll have to teach yourself it.
If I did this then I highly doubt that I would do well.
Yes, I am clever - but I need to be able to revise to succeed.
It is, but in order to clinch a high grade, you should at least go over the content the night before, to get a refresher.
Reply 14
Never, ever in a million ducking years!!
Original post by Juno
Meh, I got 6 A*'s and 4A's. I don't consider that "not a very good grade"

Good for you. Clearly you're naturally clever and smart. However the OP may not be and I think its misleading telling the OP that just because you got good grades means they will be fine as well. They might not be. Everyone should be revising anyway no matter how clever they are and putting in 0 hours of revision after school is just plain stupidity in my opinion.

I see a lot of students get by exams asking if they can pass revising the night before or if they can pass by cramming/not revising at all and its just a bit silly in my opinion. Its beyond me how you would put yourself in that position. Even if I was extremely smart I would still go over things and make notes.

But to each their own. Nobody is forcing you to revise.

I bet if you actually revised (i assume you didnt), you couldve gotten all A*'s maybe? But anyways. Good luck everyone.
(edited 7 years ago)

1465612387512.png

Quick Reply

Latest