The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 3/4 *official thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SunDun111
are you sure its only two? could they ask specific ones?

Yep it's two defence evaluated and then reforms for ONE defence.
Hows unit 4 revision guys I only bloody started yesterday
Reply 22
Hows unit 4 revision guys I only bloody started yesterday

I haven't started unit 4 yet 🙄🙄waiting till after unit 3 although I've been getting 95%+ on mocks so I'm not too worried!
Original post by NHM
I haven't started unit 4 yet 🙄🙄waiting till after unit 3 although I've been getting 95%+ on mocks so I'm not too worried!

Yeah im planning on actually making sure I nail the 3 Concept of law questions b4 the Unit 3 exam then from Tuesday im just gona revise like mad for the rest of it.
Guys for law and justice has anyone got a decent answer the book has too much information i cant digest it all?
Does anyone have any model answers on loss of control and diminished responsibility??
Anyone else think the scenarios In June 2013 is rock solid?
Reply 27
Anyone else think the scenarios In June 2013 is rock solid?

Scenario 2 yes! I got stuck on the dog bit obviously its gbh but it was the dog that caused the wound... not Kris (apparently this was an omission - got to admit I would have never put this in the exam!) Would have had to do scenario 1..
Original post by NHM
Scenario 2 yes! I got stuck on the dog bit obviously its gbh but it was the dog that caused the wound... not Kris (apparently this was an omission - got to admit I would have never put this in the exam!) Would have had to do scenario 1..

When they is an omission do i have to prove causation? I get confused when I have to prove causation for Non-fatal offences
Reply 29
When they is an omission do i have to prove causation? I get confused when I have to prove causation for Non-fatal offences

No! You don't really have to talk about causation at A2 unless there is an intervening act... the dog isn't an intervening act, its basically the cause of the injury.
Original post by NHM
No! You don't really have to talk about causation at A2 unless there is an intervening act... the dog isn't an intervening act, its basically the cause of the injury.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-LAW03-QP-JAN13.PDF

Can you explain to me how you would answer the question question on first scenario, I've learned all the content but can't get my head round the scenarios.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-LAW03-QP-JAN13.PDF

Can you explain to me how you would answer the question question on first scenario, I've learned all the content but can't get my head round the scenarios.

Alice -> Chris - ABH - causation issue of victims own act + transferred malice
Alice -> Dave - GBH + transferred malice - id argue s.18 as she she a vase at Beth thus she has intent to cause serious harm

Possible defence of Insanity
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Alice -> Chris - ABH - causation issue of victims own act + transferred malice
Alice -> Dave - GBH + transferred malice - id argue s.18 as she she a vase at Beth thus she has intent to cause serious harm

Possible defence of Insanity

When talking about causation are you going to mention factual and legal? How would you fit it in?
When talking about causation are you going to mention factual and legal? How would you fit it in?

But for Alices action chris would not have ... (Pagett)

It was reasonably forseeable for Chris to try and move out fo the way (Roberts)

Id mention it after establishing the AR
(edited 7 years ago)
Tuck it in right between the AR and MR.

To be the cause in fact, V must not have suffered harm but for D's conduct (White/Pagett). But for X hitting Y, Y would not have died, establishing X as the factual cause.

To be the cause in law, D must be the operative and substantial cause (case)
This may be in question as the intervening act of _____ may break the chain of causation (case). For the chain the be broken ______. And apply
Reply 35
Hi! Please can someone help me with these last minute questions.

This may sound stupid but firstly, when talking about 'voluntary or involantary manslaughter' Do we talk about this without talking about murder? I'm confused to whether or not 'loss of control' and 'diminished responsibility' are defences to be talked about with murder or not???

Next: For both ABH and GBH pyschiatric injury can satsify them. But one of them is 'serious pychiatric injury'. What are some examples of 'serious' ones?

Thank you!!!
Original post by Lizaa1
Hi! Please can someone help me with these last minute questions.

This may sound stupid but firstly, when talking about 'voluntary or involantary manslaughter' Do we talk about this without talking about murder? I'm confused to whether or not 'loss of control' and 'diminished responsibility' are defences to be talked about with murder or not???

Next: For both ABH and GBH pyschiatric injury can satsify them. But one of them is 'serious pychiatric injury'. What are some examples of 'serious' ones?

Thank you!!!

for GBH they may say something like severe depression rather than just depression.

For murder it can be moved to Voluntary Manslaughter with DIMINISHED RESPONSIBILITY and LOSS of CONTROL - DR and LOC can only be used for murder
How would you structure a homicide scenario question? :holmes:
Reply 38
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
for GBH they may say something like severe depression rather than just depression.

For murder it can be moved to Voluntary Manslaughter with DIMINISHED RESPONSIBILITY and LOSS of CONTROL - DR and LOC can only be used for murder

Thank you!!! So is Involunatary manslaughter (Unlawful act and gross negligence) concepts on their own?
Original post by Lizaa1
Thank you!!! So is Involunatary manslaughter (Unlawful act and gross negligence) concepts on their own?

Yes, involuntary manslaughter is not part of murder. In order to prove invol manslaughter you go the 3 part test for either and or both unlawful act and gross negligence. A general defence may also apply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending