The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aerosmith
can someone please put up the worked solution to question 5(i). starting to panic

Agreed but no one will upload it this evening I don't think. KPrime will be uploading it tomorrow though. I suggest just avoiding this discussion until KPrime uploads his solutions.
Original post by NVismvlol
Agreed but no one will upload it this evening I don't think. KPrime will be uploading it tomorrow though. I suggest just avoiding this discussion until KPrime uploads his solutions.

Ok think I will but did you get tanx=3/4??
Anyone remember what 6(b) was exactly? I have a feeling I accidentally left it out...
Reply 323
Hey, how many marks would I lose for part 9c for having -5 instead of 5, providing that i got ln(2+2e^-1) - the ln right, but not the 5.

Original post by veldt127
I'm not 100% sure on all of these, but I think most are correct.

Question 1

Spoiler

Question 2

Spoiler

Question 3

Spoiler

Question 4

Spoiler

Question 5

Spoiler

Question 6

Spoiler

Question 7

Spoiler

Question 8

Spoiler

Question 9

Spoiler

PDF with working for 1-4 and 9 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=554155&d=1466508775
Reply 324
Original post by theereflex
Anyone remember what 6(b) was exactly? I have a feeling I accidentally left it out...

Finding the normal when x=3 in the curve you found in part (a)
Original post by Inayah03
It didn't specify having to leave it in a certain form like it usually does so I guess it doesn't matter which form you leave it in just as long as you have the correct values.

REALLY? FVCK YEAHHH, cheers.
Does anyone know if there's a list of how many marks each question and part was worth?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 327
Original post by PISA
Hey, how many marks would I lose for part 9c for having -5 instead of 5, providing that i got ln(2+2e^-1) - the ln right, but not the 5.

Looking at the MS from June 2007 q8 (very similar to this one!) I think you'd drop 1 mark.
Original post by GrandMasti
You didn't need to simplify 1/2ln(25/4). The question didn't say leave in its simplest form, it only said the exact coordinate.

Are you sure? How do you know?
Reply 329
Original post by GrandMasti
You didn't need to simplify 1/2ln(25/4). The question didn't say leave in its simplest form, it only said the exact coordinate.

wrong, it explicitly said simplest form
Reply 330
Original post by coolguy123456
Are you sure? How do you know?

I'm fairly sure it listed them: i, ii in exact, iii
And then 'give answers in simplest form' at the bottom. I'd be surprised if they gave a nice root solution and didn't ask for simplest form
can someone please clear up whether it was tanx=3/4 or tanx=4/3 for 5(i)....I'm going nuts over this
can someone please clear up whether it was tanx=3/4 or tanx=4/3 for 5(i)....I'm going nuts over this

3/4
Everything is fine apart for 5ii and 6b I don't understand how got those answers. But I'm not sure.

Could anyone please list the marks for each question please?
Original post by Mesosleepy
3/4

oh thank ****. thank you so much
what was question 5
oh thank ****. thank you so much

Ey, what did you get at question 10, I missed that since I didn't have enough time.
Ey, what did you get at question 10, I missed that since I didn't have enough time.

question 9 you mean?
question 9 you mean?

no question 10
no question 10

come on now, don't troll

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending