The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel examination

Okay so I got a question I recently did my maths GCSE Edexcel paper 2 and I wrote the working out and answer for the question but thought I was wrong so I scribbled it out but you could still see everything and then I repeated it but with another working out and final answer. I realised that my first answer that I scribbled out was correct if the examiner can see this would I still be able to obtain full marks or not?
Original post by suzy23
Okay so I got a question I recently did my maths GCSE Edexcel paper 2 and I wrote the working out and answer for the question but thought I was wrong so I scribbled it out but you could still see everything and then I repeated it but with another working out and final answer. I realised that my first answer that I scribbled out was correct if the examiner can see this would I still be able to obtain full marks or not?

If you'd crossed out the original answer and then written nothing else, you'd have been OK. However, because you replaced it with an alternative answer, the crossed-out answer will not be marked. See, for example, this instruction to examiners from Edexcel's June 2022 Paper 2 mark scheme:

"Crossed out work
This should be marked unless the candidate has replaced it with an alternative response."

(The wording appears in Paper 2F and 2H.)

Quick Reply

Latest