The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Religious Studies AS/A2: 6RS01, 6RS02, 6RS03, 6RS04 May/June 2016

Scroll to see replies

i will be so happy if it's ayer
Original post by joshnewbs
I think Donovan will come up again. Here wasn't a straight question on religious experience in the unit 3 exam. Exam boards are clever, they're not stupid. They know how easy Ayer is and they know how hard Westphal is. They will put Donovan again I think because they know pupils will least expect it, that's just my opinion anyway.

Could you summarise Donovan to me? I really dont get his stuff and if Edexcel screw us over I want to be prepared even though i believe they wont!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophielauren1
I know someone who is taught by an ex examiner and he said that it will 1000% be Ayer and he is only teaching his class Ayer. All the other schools around me aren't teaching Donovan either

I feel really bad for your class. An ex examiner came to our school and spoke about psychology, they said 100% "Ethnocetrism" will not come up because there's not that much to write about. Guess what, it was the 18 marker at the end of the paper. These people are not reliable. I suggest you at least glance at Donovan. These exam boards aren't stupid people!!!! They know that candidates will be able to see Ayer has only come up once and they know we try and predict.
It's a scary aspect, risking half your A2?
Look we all have pretty much 2 days; the rest of tonight and Tuesday morning and tomorrow allllll day. I suggest if you've only done one then look at the others tomorrow. Do u really wanna risk it?
could someone summarise Donovan's article for me? pleeeasee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kaytaylou
for the critiques question i think you specifically had to refer to someone such as Dawkins, Marx, Freud or Durkheim.

It might be worth talking to your college exams officer and if they can contact edexcel for you

We had enough for approximately a paragraph on dawkins and sentence or 2 for freud. Plus this was only in critique of religious experience. After the exam I scanned over the textbook and we had not been taught any of the points dawkins mentions. Such a pain feel so hard done by :frown:
We've been taught Donovan but sixth forms near me haven't been taught Donovan either let's hope it is Donovan bring the grade boundaries right down when no one knows what to write for it lol

I was actually thinking that... I would love Donovan to come up that's a bit selfish of me though :/ it's soooo easy tho ! Hate Westphal so much. :frown:
I feel really bad for your class. An ex examiner came to our school and spoke about psychology, they said 100% "Ethnocetrism" will not come up because there's not that much to write about. Guess what, it was the 18 marker at the end of the paper. These people are not reliable. I suggest you at least glance at Donovan. These exam boards aren't stupid people!!!! They know that candidates will be able to see Ayer has only come up once and they know we try and predict.
Look we all have pretty much 2 days; the rest of tonight and Tuesday morning and tomorrow allllll day. I suggest if you've only done one then look at the others tomorrow. Do u really wanna risk it?

Also, Ayer hasn't come up once- he's come up 3 times. they all have
since 2008 its gone
Ayer
Donovan
Ayer
Westphal
Donovan
Ayer
Westphal
Donovan
so if ANYTHING it might be westphal......
i'm doing the philosophy of religion exam tomorrow afternoon - does anyone have any idea what text will come up? :h:
I know someone who is taught by an ex examiner and he said that it will 1000% be Ayer and he is only teaching his class Ayer. All the other schools around me aren't teaching Donovan either

how reliable is this though??
If it's Westphal I'll do myself in because it doesn't make any sense please can someone define the key terms for me ?? Like scholastic deistic etc ??

tbh I'm not sure, but if you're struggling with westphal this might be worth a look

http://www.scales.me.uk/category/year13a2/a2re/anthology/westphal/

i mean it would make most sense that it's ayer, but I'm not ruling westphal out. i think donovan is highly unlikely but hey i won't mind if it is

May just be the ultimate troll ur being but i like the sound of just revising Ayer
I really wanna just go for Ayer and forget everything else
i just need the slightest bit of confidence
anyone got bullet points of topics or just a list of general topics to talk about for each essay? Is there anyone that ontological argument relates to??
Is anyone doing 6RS04/1F, Implications-Islam tomorrow?
Guys I reckon you revise everything... Exam boards this year have been cruel by repeating questions so expect the unexpected.

Can someone please help me with the implications of Donovan?

You shouldn't feel bad for my class mum because we've learnt it all :smile:
I said other schools around me
Can someone seriously help me with Westphal? I mean if he comes up I will actually get a U, I don't get it all, the other two are okay. Currently praying for Ayer.
Can someone seriously help me with Westphal? I mean if he comes up I will actually get a U, I don't get it all, the other two are okay. Currently praying for Ayer.

Look up, Westphals friendly guide on google, and its really helpful on the information of Westphal and what to write!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone think of Ayer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending