Scroll to see replies

Grade boundary predictions anyone?
Original post by gazman123
What was question 5!!!!!!!!!11

First:
y=(e^3x)cos4x, find turning point.

Second was:
x=Sin^2(2y)
find dy/dx in terms of y in form pcosec(qy)
Reply 502
The grade boundaries will be 66/67 for an A* IMO.
(edited 7 years ago)
I always find that the boundaries predicted on here are above what they are going to be, mainly because like me, people who use this thread on TSR want to do well.
There are three people in my class, including me. now i scored about 61/62 marks on this, whereas the other 2 people openly dont care, and admitted they only answered 30/40 marks worth.

Now thats what i mean! There effort will lower te grade boundary, but noone else will considere that, know what i mean?
Original post by Nathan000
be a babe and post them now x

Don't have the paper right now x
Original post by kprime2

kprime, someones already posted a paper and answers on this thread, just to save you time
Reply 506
Original post by kprime2

I've done model answers for all of it, but I've skipped working in places and I'm still not 100% sure of my answers; it'd be nice to see someone else's answers which will be more accurate and fitting to the mark scheme
on the arcsinx drawing, would i lose a mark for not writing jn the y-values? :frown:
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for a C for the c3 and m1 paper?! like how many marks :smile:
Original post by chaarlieellen
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for a C for the c3 and m1 paper?! like how many marks :smile:

C ON C3 maybe 47/48/49
Original post by ShatnersBassoon
Most people's estimates of the A* grade boundary are around 65, so hovering around 90 UMS, plus or minus 5 at the most.
Fantastic! Thanks for your help.
Original post by leestitt
I always find that the boundaries predicted on here are above what they are going to be, mainly because like me, people who use this thread on TSR want to do well.
There are three people in my class, including me. now i scored about 61/62 marks on this, whereas the other 2 people openly dont care, and admitted they only answered 30/40 marks worth.

Now thats what i mean! There effort will lower te grade boundary, but noone else will considere that, know what i mean?
I know what you mean but most people base their assumptions off past data. If you asked everyone on TSR what they thought the median score was, due to the selective bias in membership that you pointed out you'd get answers which were mostly higher than the actual median.

But people base their estimates off last year's paper, or papers from the past decade. Last year, there would have been just as many people who didn't care about C3 sitting it. But people on TSR don't need to directly take them into account - the only thing you need to do to make a proper estimate is to work out whether the paper was easier/harder than the ones in past years, and how much easier/harder, and anyone can do that no matter how clever they are.

It's also worth noting that it's perhaps not a bad thing if our boundaries are too harsh. If I'm worried that I only got 85 UMS then I'll work harder for C4, so I can definitely get 95; if the estimates were too lenient (or even spot on) then I might feel a bit cocky and not revise properly for C4.
Reply 512
Original post by the___jackal
on the arcsinx drawing, would i lose a mark for not writing jn the y-values? :frown:

I doubt it, it didn't ask for any coordinates. It helps to mark points where axes are crossed, so (0,0) might earn a mark. (1, pi/2) and (-1, -pi/2) are not needed, and just showed working out of points
How much UMS (grade) do you reckon 55 would be?
Original post by veldt127
I doubt it, it didn't ask for any coordinates. It helps to mark points where axes are crossed, so (0,0) might earn a mark. (1, pi/2) and (-1, -pi/2) are not needed, and just showed working out of points

I don't think a mark would be awarded for marking the origin - it isn't exactly a taxing mark to get given it's the only intercept. I wouldn't be surprised if one mark is for the shape and the other is for marking the points -1, 1 and pi/2 and -pi/2.
Looking at all of tha im thinking 67/68 after that silly mistake on 6b, how many marks was that, does anyone know?
Original post by ShatnersBassoon
I know what you mean but most people base their assumptions off past data. If you asked everyone on TSR what they thought the median score was, due to the selective bias in membership that you pointed out you'd get answers which were mostly higher than the actual median.

But people base their estimates off last year's paper, or papers from the past decade. Last year, there would have been just as many people who didn't care about C3 sitting it. But people on TSR don't need to directly take them into account - the only thing you need to do to make a proper estimate is to work out whether the paper was easier/harder than the ones in past years, and how much easier/harder, and anyone can do that no matter how clever they are.

It's also worth noting that it's perhaps not a bad thing if our boundaries are too harsh. If I'm worried that I only got 85 UMS then I'll work harder for C4, so I can definitely get 95; if the estimates were too lenient (or even spot on) then I might feel a bit cocky and not revise properly for C4.

Yeah i see what you mean, i can only hope that 61 marks is an A, but i know for a fact it isnt.

I guess its quite reliable if compared to past papers
Original post by Abdullaaa
Looking at all of tha im thinking 67/68 after that silly mistake on 6b, how many marks was that, does anyone know?

5 marks
Original post by leestitt
5 marks

Thanks makes it better for me 68/69 hopefully then :smile:
was expecting a much harder paper ngl. i flopped last year and ended up with a C in AS. this paper was decent tho, i think about 73 out of 75 with this unofficial markscheme but im not sure 7b. in the mark scheme is how i wrote it in the exam but some say that it is not simiple enough and combining it all into one fraction was the correct way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending