The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*quality posting*
Evening all! :smile:

Today has been productive... Transferring all of my files/programs etc onto my external hard drive, as a backup...

And the fact that I will be transferring everything from my overheating Acer Aspire, onto my nice new HP laptop :smile:
Have nice aftari everyone fasting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spotify95
Evening all! :smile:

Today has been productive... Transferring all of my files/programs etc onto my external hard drive, as a backup...

And the fact that I will be transferring everything from my overheating Acer Aspire, onto my nice new HP laptop :smile:

I keep putting off doing that, despite having a HDD (three actually) spare. I never seem to have the time to do it. And yet, always have the time to post here. :holmes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I keep putting off doing that, despite having a HDD (three actually) spare. I never seem to have the time to do it. And yet, always have the time to post here. :holmes:

But when you've got a nasty Acer Aspire 5742 that has a tendency to run hot, getting things transferred onto another machine is quite an important thing to do...

As an example:

Acer Aspire 5742 fails to run any moderately intensive program without shooting up to at least 70'C. most intensive programs immediately take the Aspire 5742 into the 90's, and it then won't come down from the 90's, unless you stop whatever you're doing, and then fiddle with the power plan to minimize CPU usage. If you keep doing what you're doing for too long, you'll soon hit 105'C, whereby the nasty thing shuts itself down. Even idling won't get you below 50'C, unless you try praying for a miracle.

My newest computer, a HP 15-ac153sa (actually, 6 months old now, as it was bought in last years Black Friday sale), runs pretty much anything. It idles between 30'C and 35'C. Most things that make the Acer run at 70'C+, the HP runs between 50'C and 60'C. The HP will also play reasonably intensive games, and virtually any other intensive program, with ease. The maximum temperature I have ever had out of the HP is 73'C.

Now you know why I need to get everything transferred across... :wink:
50 posts left come on folks

Posted from OtherWorld
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Yoyo anime...huh? never knew one existed, is it any good? Is it like beyblade by chance but with Yoyo instead of spinning tops?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr T 999
Yoyo anime...huh? never knew one existed, is it any good? Is it like beyblade by chance but with Yoyo instead of spinning tops?

I haven't watched it, as last time I looked (more than a year ago) it wasn't subbed. Apparently it is now, though. :zomg:

Latest