The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbey15
Oh wow i got into them two aswell 😄 haha, im sure youll do great i hear if your one grade or so off your offer and your personal statement was strong they may let you in anyway 🙄 thats what im hoping for haha, yeah we will either die when grade boundries are released or be hopeful haha 💁! Ive heard clearing isnt too much work anyway 😚

Yeh hopefully If it's do miss the offer the it's for the subject that isn't the on I'm applying for( maths ) so they'd be more likely to still accept me ... And yeh clearing isn't that bad but I'm really fussy about UNOs and I am not the sort of the person that can just make a quick decision about where I want to go - like out of 5 choices I don't want to go to any of them apart from my firm and insurance so idk where I would actually go to through clearing- I guess when it comes to it I'll be so desperate that I'll go to some uni like Newcastle eat but right now I just can't see myself doing that
Original post by fefssdf
Yeh hopefully If it's do miss the offer the it's for the subject that isn't the on I'm applying for( maths ) so they'd be more likely to still accept me ... And yeh clearing isn't that bad but I'm really fussy about UNOs and I am not the sort of the person that can just make a quick decision about where I want to go - like out of 5 choices I don't want to go to any of them apart from my firm and insurance so idk where I would actually go to through clearing- I guess when it comes to it I'll be so desperate that I'll go to some uni like Newcastle eat but right now I just can't see myself doing that

I know exactly what you mean! When a place feels right it usually is, for years i wanted to go to duhram, As results day really upset me as i got AAAB which made me worry about my chances, i resat my B this year. But when i went to visit duhram i didnt like it at all i think i mostly liked the idea of it, when i went to lancaster it just felt right! I think youll be fine Nottingham are quite reasonable! Is it weird that i prefered Lincoln to duhram😂😂
Im required to get BBB for Mechanical Engineering (A2B Scheme), I think Il get A* in maths, chemistry and physics Im not sure, Itl be border line A/B I think Im good... I hope....
AS 'aaba'. Studying History, English Lit and Maths. Applied to do Education Studies at University of Sheffield and need BBB. Expecting A*AB.
RESULTS DAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
HOWEVER I feel like I made the wrong choice about my course (and I've already changed it once). I think I'm going to use adjustment if I get the opportunity.... But would Sheffield still want me after already changing my course???

PLEASE HELP GUYS
(edited 7 years ago)
It's been a week since I finished my exams 😧
Original post by emiloujess
It's been a week since I finished my exams 😧

Flown by hasn't it. I'm actually feeling SLIGHTLY more chilled about them now, even though I dreamed I failed them last night.

Only seven weeks left :biggrin:
Original post by MouseyBrown
Flown by hasn't it. I'm actually feeling SLIGHTLY more chilled about them now, even though I dreamed I failed them last night.

Loool bless you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MouseyBrown

It feels to me like each individual day crawls but the actual week has gone quickly 😂 I'm absolutely terrified ngl.
Well the vast majority of my exams have gone well or very well this year:smile:. I feel they certainly went ALOT better than AS last year, where I came out after virtually every exam distraught or humble. Had only 1 bad A2 exam but I don't think it will dramatically affect whether I'll get in to my firm choice uni.:redface: I got ABBB at AS which was very disappointing for me since my firm requires AAA, so I had to do a few resits to pull up my grades. I am quite confident that I pulled my Physics grade from a B to an A, and am 99.99% sure I will get an A minimum in Maths (given high AS ums). Geography is a little concerning, I may just slip to a B but hopefully my uni will let me in anyway as it's not a subject required for the course I want to do (wheras Maths and Physics are), and it should be close enough to the A boundary so I might be classed as a "near miss" applicant.:redface:
less than 50 days now omg holy crap
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Well the vast majority of my exams have gone well or very well this year:smile:. I feel they certainly went ALOT better than AS last year, where I came out after virtually every exam distraught or humble. Had only 1 bad A2 exam but I don't think it will dramatically affect whether I'll get in to my firm choice uni.:redface: I got ABBB at AS which was very disappointing for me since my firm requires AAA, so I had to do a few resits to pull up my grades. I am quite confident that I pulled my Physics grade from a B to an A, and am 99.99% sure I will get an A minimum in Maths (given high AS ums). Geography is a little concerning, I may just slip to a B but hopefully my uni will let me in anyway as it's not a subject required for the course I want to do (wheras Maths and Physics are), and it should be close enough to the A boundary so I might be classed as a "near miss" applicant.:redface:

yeh I would agree - i think on the whole this year has been a lot better for exams cause I have felt more prepared and have done a lot more work
Original post by fefssdf
yeh I would agree - i think on the whole this year has been a lot better for exams cause I have felt more prepared and have done a lot more work

That's exactly true!!
Original post by BR2671999
What subjects are you taking?
Maths, Business, Economics and Law.

To what university do you want to go to?
Oxford or UCLAN or Durham.

Studying what subject? Law

What are your predicted grades?
AAAA (I'm in AS)

Best case: AAAB
Worst case: ABBC (Thank god my a levels are mostly linear)

How did your exams go?

Maths - Terrible (C1 D, C2 B, S1 A)
Law - Decent - (Law01 A, Law02 A/B)
Business - (Bus01 D, Bus02 A)
Economics - (Eco1 A, Eco2 A)

Feeling about results day?

So worried, but all i care about is my predicted grades so i can step it up next year.

Wow you sound exactly like me last year! With the exact same best and worst case AS grades as I was thinking. I ended up with ABBB at AS (4th subject remarked from a C to B). My advice is don't be disheartened too much, you'll be surprised how much your study skills and your exam ability (and even the confidence in yourself!) matures a lot by the end of A2. So if you do get similar grades as I did, you should not worry as you can absolutely pull them ALL up, there's absolutely nothing stopping you except yourself!
(edited 7 years ago)
Subjects:
Maths Chemistry and Biology
Uni: uni of Manchester
Study: Chemical engineering
Predicted: A* A* A
Best case: A* B B
Worst case: ABB
Need: AAA
How did exams go: maths(terrible) Chemistry(Okay I guess) Biology(terrible)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Wow you sound exactly like me last year! With the exact same best and worst case AS grades as I was thinking. I ended up with ABBB at AS (4th subject remarked from a C to B). My advice is don't be disheartened too much, you'll be surprised how much your study skills and your exam ability (and even the confidence in yourself!) matures a lot by the end of A2. So if you do get similar grades as I did, you should not worry as you can absolutely pull them ALL up, there's absolutely nothing stopping you except yourself!

I think i've already experienced it. Something just happens after the AS exams, and now i just want to be prepared for A2. Thanks for your motivation and good luck with your grades. :biggrin:
Original post by BR2671999
I think i've already experienced it. Something just happens after the AS exams, and now i just want to be prepared for A2. Thanks for your motivation and good luck with your grades. :biggrin:

For the vast majority of AS students, AS results day is usually filled with at least some disappointment so it's fine! It's one of those things which just happens:tongue:. People panic under pressure and screw up some exams, perhaps the exam you encountered was rediculolusly hard, didn't resemble past papers and grade boundaries didn't make up for it. Both situations happened to me at AS. In Physics I ended up with 2 As and a D in my modules! Yes a D! And what's even more shocking is the fact I've been getting nearly full marks in all 5 years worth of past papers I did! I don't even know how that happened BUT, I resat that D this year and the exam was a lot easier this time round and I'm pretty sure I pulled it to an A:h:
Original post by hopefuldentist10
Is it true that teachers know their students results / are emailed the grades before we even open the envelopes??????

That would be SO unnerving....

Yes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you AS or A2?
A2
Maths, Further Maths, French and Philosophy
To which university are you hoping to go?
Leeds
To study which subject?
Mathematical Studies
If applicable, what were your AS grades?
AAAB
What grades are required for your desired degree?
AAB/A*BB/A*AC
What grades are you predicted?
A*A*A*A* lol it's not gonna happen
How did your exams go?
As I expected (apart from one disaster 😡)
How are you feeling about results day?
Just wish I could get it other with sooner.
Original post by khaleesi98
Are you AS or A2?
A2
Maths, Further Maths, French and Philosophy
To which university are you hoping to go?
Leeds
To study which subject?
Mathematical Studies
If applicable, what were your AS grades?
AAAB
What grades are required for your desired degree?
AAB/A*BB/A*AC
What grades are you predicted?
A*A*A*A* lol it's not gonna happen
How did your exams go?
As I expected (apart from one disaster 😡)
How are you feeling about results day?
Just wish I could get it other with sooner.

My firm is Leeds too:biggrin:
Reply 359
So I finished my exams a week ago now...

Firm offer: AAA
Best case: A*AA (although I suspect my chances of an A in history are slim)
Worst case: ABB (which is my insurance offer, so I'm pretty confident I won't end up in clearing at least)
What I think is most likely: A*AB
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest