The Student Room Group

Hating Airplanes.

Hello TSR people :smile: Soon I have a flight to another country for holidays, but it is a problem because whenever I am in an airplane, my ears hurt verrrry much which makes me feel dizzy. I have searched internet about it but it was useless as things such as chewing gum and drinking a lot of water during flight don't help. Has anybody got any tips of how to reduce the pain? :smile:
Reply 1
Put chewing gum in your ears
Reply 2
Do something else like listen to music or watch a movie and it will distract you from the pain
Reply 3
Original post by datboii
Do something else like listen to music or watch a movie and it will distract you from the pain

It doesn't help
:bawling:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Desi123

Tf...
This happened to me before. I usually put my head up which helps. Don't read a book during the flight.
Original post by Desi123

PRSOM :toofunny:
Reply 7
Original post by saraxh
This happened to me before. I usually put my head up which helps. Don't read a book during the flight.

Glad I'm not the only one here with this problem. I've never heard that putting head up helps. :smile:
Reply 8
Once you reach cruising altitude, try blowing you nose while holding you nose and with your mouth shut, force the air to come out through your ears. It may help.
Drink alot of water before hand, always helps me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by In2u
whenever I am in an airplane, my ears hurt verrrry much
It is due to a pressure differential between air in the cabin and behind your ear drum. You need to reduce the pressure behind the drum. I find multiple swallowing or gulping, especially holding my nose helps. Start doing it as soon as you feel a pressure change instead of waiting till it hurts and keep doing it while your ears feel odd / deaf.
Reply 11
Original post by mphysical
It is due to a pressure differential between air in the cabin and behind your ear drum. You need to reduce the pressure behind the drum. I find multiple swallowing or gulping, especially holding my nose helps. Start doing it as soon as you feel a pressure change instead of waiting till it hurts and keep doing it while your ears feel odd / deaf.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by In2u
It doesn't help
:bawling:

Try to sleep if you can. Or use the earbuds they give you. If its that hard then take paracetamol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending