The Student Room Group

Being friendzoned

After a few months of meeting up and talking I got friendzoned. She was stringing me along and i felt like
****. She said that she really enjoys my company and we get On so well (we do) but that it never got the time to work out. She said timing was the main factor. Feel like I wasn't good enough. Anyone else had similar experiences and what they did? We're both going to uni in September
is this you @toonervoustotaIk :innocent:

Spoiler

defo ask him, he had one :console:
If you want, block her out of your life, for the time being at least. It will help you to get over her.

And at least you tried and made the effort, that is a good thing.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
If you want, block her out of your life, for the time being at least. It will help you to get over her.

She just filled me with empty promises and stuff. Is it my fault for being friendzoned? Like should I feel I have only myself to blame?
1) How long before speaking to her did you actually see each other?
2) You should've made your intentions known sooner
3) Most people have had things like that before

It's not that you weren't good enough, it's probably that you acted too much like a friend instead of being a cheeky ****

Something very similar happen to me. If you want to PM me, you are free
I never believe in stringing along. It's absolutely cruel to a person who is genuinely interested in giving you compassion. Absolutely rotten thing to do
Original post by Anonymous
She just filled me with empty promises and stuff. Is it my fault for being friendzoned? Like should I feel I have only myself to blame?

Maybe she herself was convinced that what she was saying was true, and things just changed/got complicated.

No. Apportioning blame is something you do when you feel grief. Bargaining (saying that you can change for this person, you want to compromise and make it work is another. If you want, have a look at the Kubler-Ross model. Some of the things you feel may be captured by that.)

Do whatever you need to do (within reason), of getting over this and back to normal. It just takes time and having her completely out of your life. May seem over the top if you weren't properly official but there's not much point in being friends with this one girl in particular given what's happened.
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM

Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe she herself was convinced that what she was saying was true, and things just changed/got complicated.

No. Apportioning blame is something you do when you feel grief. Bargaining (saying that you can change for this person, you want to compromise and make it work is another. If you want, have a look at the Kubler-Ross model. Some of the things you feel may be captured by that.)

Do whatever you need to do (within reason), of getting over this and back to normal. It just takes time and having her completely out of your life. May seem over the top if you weren't properly official but there's not much point in being friends with this one girl in particular given what's happened.

Im gonna remember this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending