The Student Room Group

Why do you "eat" soup?

I argued against my 2 "friends" and they said that you eat soup and i was like no wtf you drink soup soup is not a solid thus you don't eat it, you drink it.

Then they put forward the case that if you went to a restaurant and ordered something to eat you could order soup thus you "eat" soup.

And also that when you ask for a drink you don't ask for soup.

My response would've been that yea you can order soup but that doesn't mean you eat it

and that not all things that you can drink are classified as drinks, for example you can drink cake mixture(yes not a good example best one i can think up of rn) but you don't classify it as a drink.
Umm, I guess because there are usually bits present in the soup which you eat.

Lol the way you put "friends" in speech marks. You really that mad about the argument huh?:tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Why do you care so much? Such an insignificant and pointless argument.
chicken soup = has chicken in it
vegetable soup = has veggies in it so you can't just swallow it
smh :noway:
Reply 4
Original post by Vikingninja

This one!!
Reply 5
Original post by Questioness
Umm, I guess because there are usually bits present in the soup which you eat.

Lol the way you put "friends" in speech marks. You really that mad about the argument huh?:tongue:

Well assuming is what most do but actually no they're the kinds of friends who to me are friends but not close friends, i know them but not that well.
Not that mad lol
Original post by Vikingninja

Because it's like someone saying that mcflurries are not food, it botheres me and doesn't sit well at all with my logic
Original post by fatima1998
chicken soup = has chicken in it
vegetable soup = has veggies in it so you can't just swallow it
smh :noway:

We're talking about the soup itself not what's in the soup...
I guess i'm talking about the liquid in the soup not the solid bits even then you said so yourself you dont' swallow the chicken and veggies but you do with the liquid that's there

Quick Reply

Latest