The Student Room Group

Rejecting offer

If on results day I do not want to go to the uni I have firmed is this possible and will it cost me anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
If on results day I do not want to go to the uni I have firmed is this possible and will it cost me anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't want to go to ANY UK university this Autumn then you can withdraw from UCAS easily. Alternatively you can contact your firm and ask to defer for a year (you can always withdraw and reapply later on).

The only costs will be if you've signed in to any contract for accommodation.

If you decide you don't want to go to you firm/insurance but would like to go elsewhere then you can't decline/reject your place unilaterally. You would need to contact your firm/insurance and ASK them to place you into clearing to seek a place elsewhere. This can take on average 48 hours (in some cases much longer) and universities aren't allowed to speak to you about clearing spaces until you're officially in clearing.

If your firm accepts you and you want to go to your insurance instead then your only option is to enter clearing and hope your insurance will honour their offer and take you via clearing.

If you know NOW that you don't want to go to your firm or insurance then contact them NOW - you have until July 14th for your firm/insurance options to be changed as long as all parties concerned agree.
Original post by PQ
If you don't want to go to ANY UK university this Autumn then you can withdraw from UCAS easily. Alternatively you can contact your firm and ask to defer for a year (you can always withdraw and reapply later on).

The only costs will be if you've signed in to any contract for accommodation.

If you decide you don't want to go to you firm/insurance but would like to go elsewhere then you can't decline/reject your place unilaterally. You would need to contact your firm/insurance and ASK them to place you into clearing to seek a place elsewhere. This can take on average 48 hours (in some cases much longer) and universities aren't allowed to speak to you about clearing spaces until you're officially in clearing.

If your firm accepts you and you want to go to your insurance instead then your only option is to enter clearing and hope your insurance will honour their offer and take you via clearing.

If you know NOW that you don't want to go to your firm or insurance then contact them NOW - you have until July 14th for your firm/insurance options to be changed as long as all parties concerned agree.

So after results day say I got in to my form could I still withdraw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
So after results day say I got in to my form could I still withdraw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Nobody forces you to go to university...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending