The Student Room Group

Ingrown Toenail?

The side of my big toe is swollen and it hurts.This happened a day after I originally cut my nails, and the day after this it was swollen. I cut the side of my nail again where it was hurting but it had no impact. When I walk it doesn't really hurt only when I put mass amount of pressure on it. (Please don't say see a podiatrist this is my last option as it's an embarrassing situation.) does anyone know what it could be?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
The side of my big toe is swollen and it hurts.This happened a day after I originally cut my nails, and the day after this it was swollen. I cut the side of my nail again where it was hurting but it had no impact. When I walk it doesn't really hurt only when I put mass amount of pressure on it. (Please don't say see a podiatrist this is my last option as it's an embarrassing situation.) does anyone know what it could be?

It does sounds like it could be the start of an ingrowing toenail. It isn't anything to be embarrassed about and getting it seen and dealt with quickly could mean that it doesn't get worse.

This page has some information about when you should get help and things that you could change if you don't want to see a podiatrist.
Reply 2
Original post by randdom
It does sounds like it could be the start of an ingrowing toenail. It isn't anything to be embarrassed about and getting it seen and dealt with quickly could mean that it doesn't get worse.

This page has some information about when you should get help and things that you could change if you don't want to see a podiatrist.

Thanks I went to a medical centre and they told me to buy magnesium sulphate paste and to put that on for a week otherwise if nothing happens than they said to come back so they can give me antibiotics.

Quick Reply

Latest