The Student Room Group

Shaving down there advice

I'm thinking of shaving down there the first time, what's the best thing to use to remove all pubic hair? Also is it much healthier not to have pubic hair down there?
Reply 1
There is a misconception that it is more hygienic to have it shaved - this is untrue. Hair or not, it'll still be dirty if you don't wash so it's a matter of preference. It's also worth noting close shaves can create microabrasions which can be dangerous in certain circumstances. Therefore, it is recommended to wait after shaving before you have sex, although whether that applies to you or not I can't say.
I wouldn't recommend shaving, more likely to get ingrown hairs and irritation, far better to just trim it down very short.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm thinking of shaving down there the first time, what's the best thing to use to remove all pubic hair? Also is it much healthier not to have pubic hair down there?
Even if you don't shave it will still be dirty as long as you wash often it'll be clean. But if you are going to shave I would recommend doing it slowly and using cream as it gives you some protection from getting cuts.
If you happen to shave I would suggest using shaving cream and a razor that you know. Pull the skin taunt and go slow. Otherwise trimming down and then shaving will be easier as you can actually see where you're going and the razor won't get stuck with longer hair. Some people like to wax, which pulls the hair from the folicle (and hurts quite a lot) but leaves them hairless for a while.
Reply 5
Hair removal cream gives less irritation. There is a smell but with a shower it goes away mostly
Original post by Anonymous #1
What ever you like it won't matter. I think it looks better shaved but it dose take some doing to keep it that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending