The Student Room Group

Can I go from International A'Levels to UK A'levels halfway through?

I have just moved from bangladesh to the UK. I already completed my AS in January 2016 with Edexel, now that i'm in the UK, do I have to start my A'Levels from the start, or is there a way to transfer credit and just do my A2.
Thanks.
Cant see why not if its the same subject and syllabus, but really , just give Edexcel a ring.
@gdunne42 @Compost @Muttley79

One of these members will be able to tell you.
I'd hink Edexcel are the right people to ask as theu have all his details and are the awarding body.
Original post by 999tigger
I'd hink Edexcel are the right people to ask as theu have all his details and are the awarding body.

I'm sure they can help, but our usual helpful exams officers will be able to tell him over the weekend while the exam board is closed whether it's even worth the phone call.
Sorry, as I've said, I don't deal with exam entries and I've never come across this before. Hopefully one of the others will know or ask Edexcel on Monday.

Is the syllabus the same OP?
Original post by Muttley79
Sorry, as I've said, I don't deal with exam entries and I've never come across this before. Hopefully one of the others will know or ask Edexcel on Monday.

Sorry.. I just don't like you to feel left out.:tongue:
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Sorry.. I just don't like you to feel left out.:tongue:

That's thoughtful :smile:

If it's maths I can usually help ... but this is a new one on me.
That's thoughtful :smile:

If it's maths I can usually help ... but this is a new one on me.

Me too. One of the others may know, but my guess is no, fwiw.
It's better to ask Edexcel themselves, however, I think that since it's the same exam board then it's fine as the Syllabus is exactly the same except for unit 3/6 which is done as a practical in UK A-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm not really sure with that but maybe if you enroll in a school/college that follows the international a level too? otherwise, GCE A levels are kinda the same yet with more units(same content I think) and practicals instead of written-examinations such as in bio/chem, perhaps physics too(?) Assuming you did your exams through the British Council, their headquarters is in London so I'm pretty sure you'd be able to complete your exams there but contact them!
Reply 11

Units 1 and 2 are the same but in unit 3, we have written examinations instead of practicals. But we are still tested on the same things and we are taught in the lab.
Mathematics has the same syllabus, but the exams are different. Instead of C1, C2, C3 and C4, we have C12 and C34. These are 2 and a half hour exams combining the two core maths modules in both AS and A2. In Further maths, we have F1, F2 and F3 instead of FP1, FP2 and FP3. Syllabus still the same. I mean, I solved UK papers for practice before the exams.
Reply 12
Original post by Naziur
Units 1 and 2 are the same but in unit 3, we have written examinations instead of practicals. But we are still tested on the same things and we are taught in the lab.
Mathematics has the same syllabus, but the exams are different. Instead of C1, C2, C3 and C4, we have C12 and C34. These are 2 and a half hour exams combining the two core maths modules in both AS and A2. In Further maths, we have F1, F2 and F3 instead of FP1, FP2 and FP3. Syllabus still the same. I mean, I solved UK papers for practice before the exams.

They are not the same anymore - the UK spec is now linear

Quick Reply

Latest