The Student Room Group

A - Level Computer Science

Whats the difference between doing Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) A-level Computer Science compared to AQA or Edexcel A-level Computer Science in UK?
Will Universities treat it differently?
Reply 1
Original post by Exploding786
Whats the difference between doing Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) A-level Computer Science compared to AQA or Edexcel A-level Computer Science in UK?

Universities won't treat it differently because between the specs, there isn't that much of a difference, Some exam boards go into more depth with certain topics that other exam boards don't but other than that, there is no difference and it will not impact you in any way, shape or form.
Reply 2

Edexcel does not offer an A'level in Computer Science in the UK.
Original post by vnayak
Universities won't treat it differently because between the specs, there isn't that much of a difference, Some exam boards go into more depth with certain topics that other exam boards don't but other than that, there is no difference and it will not impact you in any way, shape or form.

Im in the UK but im doing CAIE A level as my college is only offering that so is it okay?
Reply 4
Im in the UK but im doing CAIE A level as my college is only offering that so is it okay?

Yes, if it's your college choice, it's not like you have a choice 😂....Universities can't hold this against you so it's fine I believe. Do some further research and if in doubt, your best port of call will probably be your teachers in school. Just ask them - I'm sure they can help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending