The Student Room Group

Man stabs 4 women for dressing immodestly in France

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hrhMcM
Sounds to me like you're trying to tell a practicing Muslim how her religion works :/// yikes

It is often needed. We have seen many instances of Moslems that have not read the Koran and understood much of what it says.
Original post by Lujubi
Islamic Terrorism is no growing threat, especially in the US. I'd like to add that less than 2% of terrorism has been committed by Muslims.

The threat of Muslims, especially in the media, has been very exaggerated.

FACTS:
I'm sorry but that's wrong .
In wikipedia if you search terrorism in Europe ALL terror attacks from 18/09/12 till now were due to Islam ( 295 dead , about 1100 injured ).
On the other side of the coin , terror attacks now are not that organised and thus not very successful .
In 2004, Spain (191 dead,2050 injured) and 2005,London (56,700) they posed a greater threat .

MY OPINION:
The problem is that people are scared way more than they should and that helps right-wing and far-right parties.
People also tend to generalise : Some muslims are dangerous => all muslims are dangerous => we want muslims out of our country or even worse we want immigrants out of our country=> let's vote far-right so that we 'take our country back! and make X great again ' .
However I should also mention that the average muslim is not moderate and there should be a reform in their values should they integrate in western societies.
Reply 262
Original post by Good bloke
Have you noticed that Islam is the only one where its laws claim to be actually written by a god?

Have you ever heard of the Ten Commandments?? Y'know the laws?? Written by God????
Original post by MariamaAbdullahi
Yes it does. /QUOTE]

We can go one all day but no it does not
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;66508096"]
Yes it does. /QUOTE]

We can go one all day but no it does not

Are you going to use any evidence to back up your claims?
Original post by hrhMcM
Sounds to me like you're trying to tell a practicing Muslim how her religion works :/// yikes

No just correcting a Muslim trying to tell Christians and Jews and Buddhists that his faith is the same as theirs when it is clearly not.

It won't be the first time mind as those who are spoon feed this tripe from a young age tend to believe it as it is all they know.

However when they get to the real world there are people like me who will correct them but you need to know I was a practicing christian so do know what Christianity teaches and I find little to compare with the teaching of Christ, a bit of a hippy when all is said and done, with the teachings of Mo , who IMO was a pedophile camel thief.
[QUOTE="MariamaAbdullahi;66508130"]
Original post by BaconandSauce

Are you going to use any evidence to back up your claims?

I didn't make the initial claim you did yet I see no evidence from you in this regard.

But do you agree all I have to do is show you one difference and this will show your claim as nonsense.
Original post by hrhMcM
Have you ever heard of the Ten Commandments?? Y'know the laws?? Written by God????

I have. The version of the fairy story I read tells me that a man (Moses) went up a mountain and came down with a very long set of rules that he claimed, with no credible support, came from his god.

By the way, there are far, far more than ten commandments. If you read the story you will find that it goes on, without a break, to tell Moses' followers all sorts of rules, including that they must not wear clothes with mixed fibres.

I trust you aren't wearing any polyester/cotton blends, or have any Lycra in your underwear.

As far as I remember, they don't include injunctions to deprive women of any rights though. I could be wrong.
It is often needed. We have seen many instances of Moslems that have not read the Koran and understood much of what it says.

Quite true

The shocking poor knowledge your average muslim has about their faith is quite outstanding given the rush to defend it all the time.
Original post by hrhMcM

out of interest where are these listed in the Quran?
Original post by dingleberry jam
Quite possibly, but if that's true then your claim that this attack was religiously motivated must also be a figment of your imagination and unsupported by the evidence.

If you're not consistent chap, you look like a racist. :wink:

Whether you find the evidence credible or not, it is there in the reports, in the words of the witnesses. This morning's Times report makes that clear.
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;66508176"]

I didn't make the initial claim you did yet I see no evidence from you in this regard.

But do you agree all I have to do is show you one difference and this will show your claim as nonsense.

It seems to me you spend all your time trying to criticize other's religion when you're only using Google to back up your arguments. Go translate the Quran instead of assuming you know everything.
[QUOTE="MariamaAbdullahi;66508228"]

It seems to me you spend all your time trying to criticize other's religion when you're only using Google to back up your arguments. Go translate the Quran instead of assuming you know everything.

Ah so you won't provide proof to back up your claim :smile:

Funny that
You keep repeating that mantra, but you haven't asked or answered the obvious question.You have not thought to ask yourself why it is that there are huge numbers of people producing a violent response to what are essentially trivial provocations - dressing immodestly, cartoons of long-dead prophets, damage to modern copies of religious scriptures, eating during a fast, marriage to loved ones, dating, making immodest twitter posts, apostasy, for instance - and these people overwhelmingly are adherents of one particular religion?I call these things provocations but, of course, they are no business whatever of anyone other than the victim who should have been allowed to live out their lives unharmed.Why are there so few Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs etc committing violence on people for these same reasons? Why do Moslems in the west feel the need to perform these atrocities in such high numbers (they are reported on a daily basis) while other superstitious people (and atheists, of course) don't? Why do we, so often, see Moslems with placards calling for the deaths of those that insult their religion but never see this in the adherents of other religions?And I haven't even mentioned terrorism, Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda or ISIS and the enslavement of captured women for sexual purposes.I also have not mentioned mass sexual assaults and the constant harassment of women by Moslem immigrants who seem not to understand that women are not to be victimised in this way. Women in their home countries are to be pitied.What makes Islamic devotees so violent if it is not the ideology itself? These people come from a wide variety of different cultures, often thousands of miles apart, so it cannot be a cultural thing unconnected with the religion, can it? It isn't the food.Speaking of which, has it ever crossed your mind that Islam in the rest of the world, untrained by modern western values, really is that barbaric, and that what we are seeing is the norm outside the west? That you, a westerner, cannot see that the local form is a welcome "corrupt" form of Islam, but that the Islamic world doesn't agree with you?Do you even dare to consider such a thing?

I've answered the question so many times, but you never actually read my responses.

Christians, Buddhists and Sikhs, in the 21st century, haven't been subject to brutal regimes, haven't been subject to failed western foreign policy, haven't seen their country turn into a warzone, haven't experienced a forced revolution in their country, they live generally in fertile, thriving lands compared to the barren desert of the Middle East. The reasoning for "Islamic extremism" is hatred which derives from these things, evidence to suggest this is because of the 90% Muslim population of Indonesia, surely if "Islam is the problem", then these terror attacks would occur daily in Indonesia? But quite evidently it is corrupt regimes and a desperate people, combined with conflict and instability which gives rise to vulnerable, impressionable individuals who then become radicalised by ISIL propaganda or by their own means.

This is why its predominantly a problem with the Muslims, but if Christians lived in mass in the Middle East with an equally corrupt regime and a civil war, we would be seeing Christian extremism. Radicalisation does not derive from a heart-filled desire to help your religion, it derives from hatred and fear, both of which manifest under the conditions I specified.

And you've also got this annoying delusion of believing everything you see. That '1000-strong rape gang' was inflated by right wing, anti-immigrant media. If it were genuine, you'd see it on all news sources and not on the pathetic Daily Mail / Daily Express who have a purpose to make as many sales as possible. Beyond this, you've got no evidence that they're all Muslims. The fact that you think that Islam is responsible for this based on their Arab appearance is inherently racist, go on and say "Islam isn't a race" but this racism derives from assuming that there is a political / religious motive behind these attacks based on their Arab appearance, there has been no official survey which found out whether or not they were Muslims.

And yes, Islam is barbaric, but terrorism, which is predominantly what I am talking about here, goes beyond this and still violates the Quran, regardless of whether or not you consider some parts to be extreme. But its unrealistic to think that all Muslims are going to 'wake up' and drop their religion by shouting Islamic hate speed such as "religion of peace" or yelling **** about their prophet - these people have lived their entire lives under their governments' forms of Sharia Law, they aren't going to change, despite your compelling and fruitful arguments for them to leave.
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;66508254"]

Ah so you won't provide proof to back up your claim :smile:

Funny that

My evidence is that I have read the Quran and I am correct in saying you are spurting absolute nonsense.
Original post by Achaea
I'm sure that it's just a complete and total coincidence that this latest attack was carried out by a man called Mohamed. I'm sure that it will turn out that his attack has Nothing To Do With Islam. I'm also sure that it will turn out that he's Not A True Muslim. I'm also sure that the French will appreciate this latest glorious act of cultural enrichment by an adherent of a beautiful, wonderful, peaceful ideology that causes no problems at all in Europe. I'm sure that the attack will ultimately turn out to be completely the fault of those vile nasty bigoted islamaphobic white French people. (I mean, if women and children choose to go outside not covered from head to toe in black binbags when it's 30+ degrees, and thus be terribly, needlessly provocative, who can blame a man for attacking them, really?), As long as everyone bears in mind that the attack has Nothing To Do With Islam, and that Islam is a religion of peace, and that Muslims are always the real victims of everything, everything will be totally fine.

I agreed with this post until you said black binbags..
Why would you demean and poke fun out of an entire religion based on the actions of one individual?
Reply 276

I trust you aren't wearing any polyester/cotton blends, or have any Lycra in your underwear.

As far as I remember, they don't include injunctions to deprive women of any rights though. I could be wrong.

Please direct me to where I stated that I was a Christian? Next time you try to condescendingly tell somebody how to practice a religion, make sure that they actually practice one thanks. Also, "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as to the Lord,"
That's a quote from the Bible, do with that what you will
Reply 277
out of interest where are these listed in the Quran?

I was talking about the Bible????????
Original post by swiss_cheese
I've answered the question so many times, but you never actually read my responses.

Christians, Buddhists and Sikhs, in the 21st century, haven't been subject to brutal regimes, haven't been subject to failed western foreign policy, haven't seen their country turn into a warzone, haven't experienced a forced revolution in their country, they live generally in fertile, thriving lands compared to the barren desert of the Middle East. The reasoning for "Islamic extremism" is hatred which derives from these things, evidence to suggest this is because of the 90% Muslim population of Indonesia, surely if "Islam is the problem", then these terror attacks would occur daily in Indonesia? But quite evidently it is corrupt regimes and a desperate people, combined with conflict and instability which gives rise to vulnerable, impressionable individuals who then become radicalised by ISIL propaganda or by their own means.

This is why its predominantly a problem with the Muslims, but if Christians lived in mass in the Middle East with an equally corrupt regime and a civil war, we would be seeing Christian extremism. Radicalisation does not derive from a heart-filled desire to help your religion, it derives from hatred and fear, both of which manifest under the conditions I specified.

And you've also got this annoying delusion of believing everything you see. That '1000-strong rape gang' was inflated by right wing, anti-immigrant media. If it were genuine, you'd see it on all news sources and not on the pathetic Daily Mail / Daily Express who have a purpose to make as many sales as possible. Beyond this, you've got no evidence that they're all Muslims. The fact that you think that Islam is responsible for this based on their Arab appearance is inherently racist, go on and say "Islam isn't a race" but this racism derives from assuming that there is a political / religious motive behind these attacks based on their Arab appearance, there has been no official survey which found out whether or not they were Muslims.

And yes, Islam is barbaric, but terrorism, which is predominantly what I am talking about here, goes beyond this and still violates the Quran, regardless of whether or not you consider some parts to be extreme. But its unrealistic to think that all Muslims are going to 'wake up' and drop their religion by shouting Islamic hate speed such as "religion of peace" or yelling **** about their prophet - these people have lived their entire lives under their governments' forms of Sharia Law, they aren't going to change, despite your compelling and fruitful arguments for them to leave.

You have missed my point. My post (as I said) was not about Islamic terrorism. It was asking why all these other violent incidents keep being perpetrated by Moslems in large numbers, and not by adherents of other religions and atheists. And by people unaffected by wars in the Middle East who are no more or less poverty-stricken or oppressed than those around them.
You have missed my point. My post (as I said) was not about Islamic terrorism. It was asking why all these other violent incidents keep being perpetrated by Moslems in large numbers, and not by adherents of other religions and atheists. And by people unaffected by wars in the Middle East who are no more or less poverty-stricken or oppressed than those around them.

Classic "you missed my point therefore I won't read your reply"

you're clearly not worth my time, welcome to my block list

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending