The Student Room Group

Can you touch type?

Poll

Can you touch type?

Hi guys! I thought it would be interesting to find out how many of you can touch type! Personally I can sort of touch type (i.e. I can type without looking at the keyboard, but I don't use the official method of touch typing). What method do you guys use to type? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi guys! I thought it would be interesting to find out how many of you can touch type! Personally I can sort of touch type (i.e. I can type without looking at the keyboard, but I don't use the official method of touch typing). What method do you guys use to type? :smile:

I can actually only type with the index finger of my right hand... I'm very slow :tongue:
I'm the same as you, I can type without looking at the keyboard but don't think I do it the official way.
It's mostly to do with muscle memory.
Yes
I can type without looking at the keyboard but it's only possible on a laptop or computer
If I'm on my phone I can't lol

So it depends
Original post by Platopus
I can actually only type with the index finger of my right hand... I'm very slow :tongue:

Wow! That's interesting :biggrin:
I can only do it if I have looked at the keyboard once and put my finger on the key I'm starting on. Then it's all easy from there
Original post by AppleB
Yes
I can type without looking at the keyboard but it's only possible on a laptop or computer
If I'm on my phone I can't lol

So it depends

Yeah I get what you mean! I can type without looking at what I'm pressing on my phone as well though :smile:
I can do it yes, I guess I've been taught when I was a child so maybe I can do it official way I think.
Reply 9
Yes, but not with proper technique. I can type very fast but I only really use my middle finger and index finger on my right hand, left hand is solid though.
Reply 10
I have a Windows Phone so I just use the swipe keyboard, find it easier than trying to type the letters themselves.
Reply 11
I can sort of touch type but I type a bit slower than average (about 40wpm rather than 60wpm)

Jokes aside yes I can touch type, I just touch typed this sentence:u:
Yeah I get what you mean! I can type without looking at what I'm pressing on my phone as well though :smile:

Oh wow!
Idk why I can't LOOL

You're talented :biggrin:

Teach me your ways oh wise one
:coma:
Original post by AppleB
Oh wow!
Idk why I can't LOOL

You're talented :biggrin:

Teach me your ways oh wise one
:coma:

I expect it's just because I do it so much :colondollar:
I expect it's just because I do it so much :colondollar:

You type a lot?

#FINGERMUSCLEGOALS
I can't do it on my phone but can on a laptop
Original post by AppleB
You type a lot?

#FINGERMUSCLEGOALS

Yes! I type every day on my laptop :smile:
Yes! I type every day on my laptop :smile:

Oooooohhhhhh
Makes sense

#FINGERMEMORYGOALS
Yes, I can type 80 words per minute. That's why I don't like touchscreens... because I can type so much faster on a conventional keyboard. I always want a real computer with a real keyboard whenever possible, and only want to use my phone in a pinch.

It also doesn't help that I like to write things out a lot more than I like to sit back and passively consume content. I can never watch a YouTube video without wanting to write out a three paragraph comment on it.

Quick Reply

Latest