The Student Room Group

Holiday During A-Level Results Day

I'm on holiday during results day because it's the only time my mum can get time off, and I was wondering if there's anything that needs to be urgently done whilst I'm away. My friend's picking up my results for me and I'll have wifi, but I'd like to know if I have to do anything important regarding my firm choice uni as I don't get back until the 29th August.
Original post by anisadraws
I'm on holiday during results day because it's the only time my mum can get time off, and I was wondering if there's anything that needs to be urgently done whilst I'm away. My friend's picking up my results for me and I'll have wifi, but I'd like to know if I have to do anything important regarding my firm choice uni as I don't get back until the 29th August.

That entirely depends on whether or not you end up in Clearing, in which case there will be a huge amount of telephoning to be done. If you get the grades to get into your firm, there's nothing that can't be done by email, if they contact you. If you get into your insurance, you'll need to he organising accommodation. It's all doable with a phone and internet, but it's not really the best time to be away.
Reply 2

Some unis need you to confirm that you will be going after you have your grades and you'll get a letter to your house which you will need to open.
Make sure to have your bank account details and student finance login with you. If your university allocates accommodation after results you might need to accept the offer of a room on very short notice including paying a deposit.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Make sure to have your bank account details and student finance login with you. If your university allocates accommodation after results you might need to accept the offer of a room on very short notice including paying a deposit.

My firm and insurance choice are 2 different courses at the same university in my local area, so accommodation isn't a problem. I've just got all my fingers and toes crossed that I get the grades I need! I've contacted the university as well regarding my situation so if anything unexpected arises, they'll hopefully be understanding.
My firm and insurance choice are 2 different courses at the same university in my local area, so accommodation isn't a problem. I've just got all my fingers and toes crossed that I get the grades I need! I've contacted the university as well regarding my situation so if anything unexpected arises, they'll hopefully be understanding.

What they're trying to say is that accommodation works very quickly once the uni accepts you. Some unis want payment with 48 hrs, some want it by the end of the following week, etc.

It's important to make sure you have access to internet/wifi/data. If not, I suggest you ask a family member or a close friend (who isn't going to uni as they'll have their stuff to sort out) to help with calls and emails if need be.
Reply 6
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
What they're trying to say is that accommodation works very quickly once the uni accepts you. Some unis want payment with 48 hrs, some want it by the end of the following week, etc.

It's important to make sure you have access to internet/wifi/data. If not, I suggest you ask a family member or a close friend (who isn't going to uni as they'll have their stuff to sort out) to help with calls and emails if need be.

My gran is thankfully house sitting for us so she'll be able to do all that for me. I'm so glad that all of you are giving me advice because it's easing my worries a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending