The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Windies
When do schools get results? a week before?

I think it is a day before for schools. So 17th august
Original post by marioman
How did you find the paper?

To be honest, not brilliant; thought the acid bases and buffers section was hard. Found f324 good though.

How did u find it?
Yo,

Survey below if anybody wants to get involved in helping me write an article on the benefits of industrial placements to student prospects.

https://goo.gl/forms/W0uZO6JiHe0UfbhC3

Cheers
Original post by econymous
Yo,

Survey below if anybody wants to get involved in helping me write an article on the benefits of industrial placements to student prospects.

https://goo.gl/forms/W0uZO6JiHe0UfbhC3

Cheers

How many surveys are you going to post? XD
Original post by Elliot_97
To be honest, not brilliant; thought the acid bases and buffers section was hard. Found f324 good though.

How did u find it?

It was okay but I didn't think it was as easy as some people made out on the thread at the time. Made a few careless mistakes as well.
Original post by SH0405
6 A Levels?

Which one aren't you predicted an A* in?

Yeah. I'm predicted to be an A in further mathematics.
Original post by naz.97
Wow that's so bad!! Your class must be really annoyed with your teacher then. With us we were well prepared for all of the possible questions, but some people still ignored the biological therapy question/revised it briefly. Tbh I was expecting something on the psychological side but I still revised biological because I knew that they'd done that in the past where 2 of the same 12 markers came up twice in a row.
But as you said, the grade boundaries should go down for unit 4.

Personally I revised absolutely everything as I don't trust predictions whatsoever but my trescher made the mistake of planning lessons based around the loopa predictions meaning she would skim over topics she thought ' wouldn't come up ' so pretty much all my class went into those exams thinking certain essays would come up and even for other sections like media people only revised certain bits cause I remember there was a question ok evolutionary explanations of celebrity attraction and people afterwards were saying things like ' I couldn't answer it cause I didn't learn it ' ... I don't think people were actually annoyed at my teacher surpisngly but I think a few people aren't gonna get their A grades as a result of relying solely on predictions .... Like pretty much 3 weeks before the exam we just did the predicted essays like my teacher would spend an hour going through one essay that loopa has mentioned ect so Yh like we didn't even cover some of the essays that were asked .
I really don't understand the amount of people willing to trust some random persons predictions off the internet like this is an alevel exam that is gonna count towards whether you get into uni or not so I wouldn't ever think of just learning some bits of the content and ignoring others ; seems completely illogical and given that AQA actually mention the use of modal answers in their examiner reports you'd have thought teachers would read them and perhaps realise that the exams cannot be predicted by thinking oh this hasn't been asked for X years so it will deffo come up hmmmm .
Original post by Windies

They get them the day before they're released to students so they can prepare the envelopes ect
Reply 1528
Original post by Windies

As others have said a day before, so teachers all come in the day before and find out everyone's results.
Original post by Aph
As others have said a day before, so teachers all come in the day before and find out everyone's results.

I'd like to know how teachers react when getting the students results like if they ***** about that kid they knew was gonna fail ect ; would be interesting to see what goes on
Original post by Aph

It's kinda annoying though, knowing your teacher knowing your results and you still don't especially if he was expecting high from you :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1531
Original post by Rodella
Yeah. I'm predicted to be an A in further mathematics.

Nice! How on earth did you manage 6 though?
Reply 1532
Original post by fefssdf
I'd like to know how teachers react when getting the students results like if they ***** about that kid they knew was gonna fail ect ; would be interesting to see what goes on

I guess you'll find out when you become a teacher :tongue:
I think they probably start with the people who they think will get the best results to get a feel of how badly things went.
Original post by PlayerBB
It's kinda annoying though, knowing your teacher knowing your results and you still don't especially if he was expecting high from you :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do do it so they can identify the people they need to talk to first before they collect their results and prep them though.
Original post by PlayerBB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh it's a funny old system ; wish everything was online and everyone could access it all at the same time lol cause when you walk in on results day your teachers know your grades but you can't ever tell whether they're pleased or not really
Original post by Aph
I guess you'll find out when you become a teacher :tongue:
I think they probably start with the people who they think will get the best results to get a feel of how badly things went.

They do do it so they can identify the people they need to talk to first before they collect their results and prep them though.

Yeh gosh but then if I'm a teacher I'm gonna have this anxiety about results day every single year ahaha and Yh I guess but I think they have to view the results by accessing the list of everyone who sat X exam and then going through it rather than checking individual people but I guess they have certain people in mind whose results they'll consider in more detail and find their actual marks ect; must be quite an interesting exercise from stats point of you given you can compare from previous years ect
Reply 1535
Original post by fefssdf
Yeh gosh but then if I'm a teacher I'm gonna have this anxiety about results day every single year ahaha and Yh I guess but I think they have to view the results by accessing the list of everyone who sat X exam and then going through it rather than checking individual people but I guess they have certain people in mind whose results they'll consider in more detail and find their actual marks ect; must be quite an interesting exercise from stats point of you given you can compare from previous years ect

Yeah I imagine you would. 40-50 years of results day stress.
I'm not sure how it works but I thought resulte are sent by student and not by subject.
Original post by Aph
I'm not sure how it works but I thought resulte are sent by student and not by subject.

Hmm who knows maybe one day I'll find out lol ; I'm so excited now oh my gosh !!
Reply 1537
Original post by fefssdf
Hmm who knows maybe one day I'll find out lol ; I'm so excited now oh my gosh !!

Well when you do, do let us know. I'd be fascinated to find out!!
Results day is too close but at the same time too far away :frown:
Original post by Aph

Results are sent to schools by exam boards electronically in computer-readable format. Schools load these results into their own databases which are used to generate and print the Statement of Results for each student. The school's software will also be able to generate a list of results by subject for use by teachers, as well as determine more general statistics (e.g. overall pass rate, number of students gaining each grade).

Quick Reply

Latest