The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Insight314
@physicsmaths. @Serine Soul,

How does one calculate how much Camb bursary you can get?

Refer to my table :h:
I got maintenance loan though, wtf.

Lol what's your situation like? How long have you been living here? Have you been given british citizenship?
@physicsmaths. @Serine Soul,

How does one calculate how much Camb bursary you can get?

Differentiate and find stationary point.
Then investigate nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul
Refer to my table :h:

Oh, right. Thanks. Seems like I am eligible for £1500.

Lol what's your situation like? How long have you been living here? Have you been given british citizenship?

I've been living here for a bit over 4 years, and I haven't been given British citizenship. My mum just received one, so I should be naturalised either this or next year. Currently, I am officially an EU national with permanent citizenship i.e Home Office has granted me and my family the right to stay in this country indefinitely, but without British citizenship.

I've been living here for a bit over 4 years, and I haven't been given British citizenship. My mum just received one, so I should be naturalised either this or next year. Currently, I am officially an EU national with permanent citizenship i.e Home Office has granted me and my family the right to stay in this country indefinitely, but without British citizenship.

R u putin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

I am a slav if that's what you are asking.

I was born in a country a bit more south of Russia, but all slavic languages are similar so I can understand Russian.

LOL
I am a slav if that's what you are asking.

I was born in a country a bit more south of Russia, but all slavic languages are similar so I can understand Russian.

So not putin.
Dissapointed.
What is slav.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So not putin.
Dissapointed.
What is slav.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anglo, Celts, Aryan, Slavs - you gotta keep up with your ethnic tribes fam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs

Ah I see. Did you put that all in your student finance application? Perhaps with that permanent citizenship they've regarded you the same as a UK national
Anglo, Celts, Aryan, Slavs - you gotta keep up with your ethnic tribes fam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs

So did you invade england. Like that normandy stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I see. Did you put that all in your student finance application? Perhaps with that permanent citizenship they've regarded you the same as a UK national

You are talking about the maintenance loan, and not the living cost grant right? I think you are right, and the Home Office permanent citizenship that I hold has given me the right to apply for the maintenance loan, but I know for a fact that I am not yet a UK national, so I cannot apply for anything else which is strictly for UK nationals.
So did you invade england. Like that normandy stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, watch in a decade or so. United Kingdom gonna be a Slavic Kingdom.
You are talking about the maintenance loan, and not the living cost grant right? I think you are right, and the Home Office permanent citizenship that I hold has given me the right to apply for the maintenance loan, but I know for a fact that I am not yet a UK national, so I cannot apply for anything else which is strictly for UK nationals.

Yeah, the grants are all scrapped for us now so any extra support on living from the gov is via a loan

That's decent of them to let you apply for maintenance loan :yes:
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
You MUST declare ALL qualifications you hold - yes, even that random NVQ you took 3 years ago or that GCSE you took early and you did really badly in. It doesn’t matter if you think it’s not relevant. That’s up to the university to decide. Hiding grades and pleading ignorance later is a really bad idea. It can result in you losing your place even after you’ve enrolled at uni.

Is it really possible to lose your place at university if you don't declare all qualifications? On purpose, I didn't declare my B in GCSE Astronomy that I took in Year 9, so that my application looks only A*s; Cambridge found out in April about the qualification I hid from them. I sent a statement of results to them for all my current qualifications because I didn't know that confirming qualifications meant sending certificates, and their only response was to also send them my certificate of GCSE Astronomy. They didn't seem angry or anything, and they definitely did not go their way to withdraw my application.

I feel like that post is a bit scaremongering so applicants do not cause unnecessary trouble to universities, or I might be wrong and it really is possible for the university to withdraw your application on this basis, and hence my question.
What do you actually do in an astronomy GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it really possible to lose your place at university if you don't declare all qualifications? On purpose, I didn't declare my B in GCSE Astronomy that I took in Year 9, so that my application looks only A*s; Cambridge found out in April about the qualification I hid from them. I sent a statement of results to them for all my current qualifications because I didn't know that confirming qualifications meant sending certificates, and their only response was to also send them my certificate of GCSE Astronomy. They didn't seem angry or anything, and they definitely did not go their way to withdraw my application.

I feel like that post is a bit scaremongering so applicants do not cause unnecessary trouble to universities, or I might be wrong and it really is possible for the university to withdraw your application on this basis, and hence my question.

You are fine but in other cases it's quite possible for a uni to withdraw its offer. It may not be likely, but it's possible...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EnglishMuon
pretty sure even if you are eligible you need to have your offer confirmed first, and even if it is I think it's usually done around september time.

you legend. thats y, should of thought of that but i was scared of any deadlines
This table says how much you can get depending on your household income:

_20160804_143347.JPG
(Ignore the grants column, doesn't apply to us anymore)

More info here: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/cambridgebursary/

so you dont have to study medicine.
so can engineers recieve it?
Original post by justthatboy
so you dont have to study medicine.
so can engineers recieve it?

No, not at all, anyone eligible on any course can get it.

I think you're getting confused with the NHS bursary...that's for medicine, nursing and other degrees that directly lead to a health-related career in the NHS

Latest

Trending

Trending