The Student Room Group

If a persons racist beliefs don't show in their behavior is it relevant

People have been saying Donald Trump is a racist, among other things, since the first day of his campaign, mainly because of his remarks about building wall to prevent illegal entry into the country. Yet, despite, what I am positive, is an item by item review of his life since college. nothing has surfaced to back-up those claims of racism. For the sake of this post lets say someone has beliefs that are racist but they keep them private and they don't interfere their public behavior
An example might be a person who's in charge of hiring for a business. There are federal guidelines for hiring. If those guidelines are followed what difference does it make to anyone if the person holds racist opinions? I'd like to get some opinions from readers here since some of you seem to be " hypersensitive " to perceived
racism.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it would matter at all.
I honestly think it's okay to have racist beliefs it's just not okay to talk about it or act upon it, etc.

It's not a crime to think things.

And Trump, I think he isn't racist he's just very clever (or someone in his team is). He was a laughing stock for years but he's got a good chance of being president.
Original post by 1010marina
I honestly think it's okay to have racist beliefs it's just not okay to talk about it or act upon it, etc.

It's not a crime to think things.

And Trump, I think he isn't racist he's just very clever (or someone in his team is). He was a laughing stock for years but he's got a good chance of being president.

Yeah I think Cruz actually believes the crazy **** he says rather than saying it for effect like Trump.
Original post by JamesN88
Yeah I think Cruz actually believes the crazy **** he says rather than saying it for effect like Trump.

Exactly. I think it's no coincidence Trump appeals so well to his voters - who are clearly sick of career politicians, scared of terror & love the Bible.

The only thing about him that really bothers me is his stance on abortion but that's America for you..
No one can back it up, because Trump isn't racist.

Debating liberals on Trump is easy. They label him a bigot, sexist etc but when you ask them to quote exactly what he said to prove their point they can't do it.

The media and and Hillary supporters have done a good job of painting him as some fascist madman.
Exactly. I think it's no coincidence Trump appeals so well to his voters - who are clearly sick of career politicians, scared of terror & love the Bible.

The only thing about him that really bothers me is his stance on abortion but that's America for you..

Well before he ran for president he was pro choice and was accepting of LGBT people.
But because he believes in a smaller government and more free markets he is a republican and in order to get anywhere in that party he has to be pro-life and DOMA (defence of marriage act)
Original post by niteninja1
Well before he ran for president he was pro choice and was accepting of LGBT people.
But because he believes in a smaller government and more free markets he is a republican and in order to get anywhere in that party he has to be pro-life and DOMA (defence of marriage act)

Never knew that.

Politics is suuuuch a stupid system XD
Also I think all anti racism laws are inherently wrong.

The whole idea of an anti racist is that everyone is equal and deserves the same rights.

However law states that a company with over 25 employees must hire at least 25% of their staff from BAME groups (black and minority ethnic groups). This is enter entry racist as they are forcing you to hire someone based on the colour of their skin.

Also if I kill someone from Liverpool because I hate people from Liverpool I am a murder if I murder a black person I am immediately a racist murderer.

We need to stop giving BAME groups any special rights compared to non BAME people.
Never knew that.

Most students consider our Conservative party to be fairly right wing however compared to American parties they Mach the Democratic Party nowadays.

And labour match Bernie sanders
Never knew that.

Have a look into Gary Johnson except for health care (which I agree with Bernie on) I think he is the best

That or Jill stein I don't agree with her policies I just find it funny that she always seems so sweaty (have a shower Jill).
No, I don't think it's okay to have racist beliefs at all...

But then it depends on how "extreme" your racist thoughts are
Most students consider our Conservative party to be fairly right wing however compared to American parties they Mach the Democratic Party nowadays.

And labour match Bernie sanders

This whole system of right and left gets on my nerves so much lol. I'd rather vote for the party based on the policies in their manifestos but they rarely follow through with those so....
Interesting question- I think to some extent everyone has subconscious racist beliefs. To act in a completely non-racist way you'd have to be aware of this subconscious stuff and actively override it, and the willingness to do that would make you not racist. If you consciously have racist beliefs, genuinely believe that certain races are inferior and don't want to change your mind I don't think it could ever not impact your behaviour, even if you think it doesn't.

On Donald Trump, he's not really racist at all- he just sees that a large segment of the American population are and puts on the act so they give him power. That's what all his vagueness and changing his mind is about, there's something he's said that'll appeal to most people, as long as they're willing to ignore rest of what he says.
Also I think all anti racism laws are inherently wrong.

The whole idea of an anti racist is that everyone is equal and deserves the same rights.
However law states that a company with over 25 employees must hire at least 25% of their staff from BAME groups (black and minority ethnic groups). This is enter entry racist as they are forcing you to hire someone based on the colour of their skin. Also if I kill someone from Liverpool because I hate people from Liverpool I am a murder if I murder a black person I am immediately a racist murderer.
We need to stop giving BAME groups any special rights compared to non BAME people.

Yeah because people from Liverpool aren't a race mate
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
Yeah because people from Liverpool aren't a race mate

My point was just because someone comes from somewhere or looks different their should not be special legislation that gives them more rights than somebody else.

A business must hire 25% of its workers from BAME groups but a business with a majority of BAME employees doesn't have to hire 25% non BAME groups
Reply 16
My first reaction was to say of course not. But then it occurred to me that I'd be more likely to fall in love with a woman who had not a racist bone in her body.

So er I think that means it does make a difference?
My point was just because someone comes from somewhere or looks different their should not be special legislation that gives them more rights than somebody else.

A business must hire 25% of its workers from BAME groups but a business with a majority of BAME employees doesn't have to hire 25% non BAME groups

Sources?
The thing is that a persons beliefs do influence their actions.If you're president of the USA its not a good thing if you have racist beliefs because it will influence your dealings with foreign nations.To those saying trumps not an idiot I think they just dont want to believe that an idiot could actually be that close to being president.So they say oh it must be just an act he cant really be that stupid.But actually he can be.
Original post by Robby2312
The thing is that a persons beliefs do influence their actions.If you're president of the USA its not a good thing if you have racist beliefs because it will influence your dealings with foreign nations.To those saying trumps not an idiot I think they just dont want to believe that an idiot could actually be that close to being president.So they say oh it must be just an act he cant really be that stupid.But actually he can be.

https://www.facebook.com/TheCapitalistMemeLord/videos/1106495482729747/?autoplay_reason=test_non_ad_for_ads_only_autoplay&video_container_type=0&video_creator_product_type=0&app_id=173847642670370

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending