The Student Room Group

assessment centre test

Hello fellows I have applied for a graduate role and being consider for Civil Stream and got an Assessment Centre test this week that will consist of a group-based activity, interview and a Q&A with business Leaders and current Graduates.
This is my first ever assessment centre experience that too in a total different country so kindly guide me with experiences and advices that can help. Extremely nervous so really appreciate all the help. Thanks
Reply 1
Here are some tips and advice for your assessment center:
1. Do your research. Learn as much as you can about the company, the role, and the assessments you will go through. The more you know, the more confident you will feel.
2. Practice common assessment activities. This may include group discussions, case studies, presentations, interviews, etc. The more you practice, the more comfortable you will feel during the actual assessments.
3. Develop your answers to common interview questions. Be ready to provide specific examples to demonstrate your key skills and strengths. Have stories and examples ready for relevant questions.
4. Make eye contact, smile, and engage your audience. This applies to group interaction as well as interview. Appearing friendly, enthusiastic and engaged will make a good impression.
5. Listen carefully and ask good questions. Pay close attention during any presentations and ask clarifying questions. This shows your interest and enthusiasm. Ask good questions in your interviews too.
6. Be professional in your appearance and behavior. Dress formally, arrive on time, bring copies of your resume, and maintain enthusiastic body language. Make a positive first impression.
7. Provide recent, relevant examples and metrics. Be ready to talk about key accomplishments and metrics to demonstrate the impact you have made. Have these examples and stats at your fingertips.
8. Relax and be yourself! While assessment centers can be stressful, do your best to relax. Take deep breaths to help lower your anxiety. Be genuine in your interactions. Let your personality shine through.
9. Follow up appropriately. If you said you would follow up on a question or discussion topic, make sure you do so. And always send a thank you email within 24 hours to reaffirm your interest and enthusiasm.
I hope these tips help you feel more at ease and confident during your assessment center. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply 2
Thanks alot for such helpful advices...just checking is there any particular site to see sample assessment center tasks assigned?..like reading some case studies and presentation.I have already prepared the behaviour questions just need some examples for the rest of the tasks included in this assessment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending