The Student Room Group

SQA Post Your Results! (9th August 2016)

SQA - Post Your Results
GOOD LUCK!

Hey guys! So results day is very close :eek:! I thought it would be nice to make a thread so you guys can share your results and compare to see what other people got! Here's a good template to follow:

Subjects sat at level i.e Nat 5, Higher, ADV H : Highers and National 5's

Predicted grades : ACCC

Final grades : ABBC

Which university did you apply to and what course? (if applicable, or are you applying this year?): Applying to Edinburgh Queen Margaret, Glasgow Caledonian, Robert Gordon for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiography after the summer!

Did you meet your offer? (if applicable) N/A

Just a reminder to everybody that there has been a slight change in the results system this year: if you have activated MySQA, results will be sent out at 8am by text and e-mail as well as the traditional post method which will be delivered according to the delivery time at your location. There is no need to stay up all night waiting for that golden e-mail or text so try and get some sleep, although I'm sure many won't be anyway :tongue:

There is some really great relevant SQA articles to help you prepare for results day here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4571-sqa-results

Feel free to head along to the Discussion thread to express whatever emotions you have on or before results day: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4181877

Tell us your predicted grades here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4114219

If you didn't get the results you expected, don't panic! There will be another thread coming up soon in regards to help on what to do if you miss a grade or how to deal with rejections and what possible alternatives there can be. I'll edit this thread with all relevant links in due course.

A bit of background information of myself: I just finished my higher exams and did my National 5's last year so I've been through this process already. If you are receiving your results for the first time, try not to panic, it's really not as bad as you think it is, and just remember that grades aren't everything! I'm looking to apply to Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Robert Gordon for Diagnostic + Therapeutic Radiography after this summer so I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Other helpers: @Fox Corner, @ROC10, @JP298

Good luck everybody. I'll post mine here too on the day :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

NICEEE

Can't wait to see all the great results people get.

This thread should be pinned !
Original post by Ethan100
NICEEE

Can't wait to see all the great results people get.

This thread should be pinned !

One of the mods will pin this thread soon!
This might be a really stupid reply but does this mean that all results are released on the 9 th ?? So I would be able to get my results and responses from university's on that day as my results day for school is not till the 18th August ??
Original post by GemmaPierce
This might be a really stupid reply but does this mean that all results are released on the 9 th ?? So I would be able to get my results and responses from university's on that day as my results day for school is not till the 18th August ??

Hi, it looks like you're in the wrong forum as this is the Scottish Qualifications exams thread and our results day is on the 9th August. I take it your doing A Levels so your results day is on the 18th August? x
Reply 5

I'm so confused - I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this. :s-smilie:
I realised as soon as sent the reply 🙈 Thanks anyway for letting me know and good luck !! The A level thread is this one

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4120615
Original post by I <3 WORK
I'm so confused - I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this. :s-smilie:

Hi, youre in the Scottish Qualifications forum! Our results are on the 9th August whilst A Levels are on the 18th.

I realised as soon as sent the reply 🙈 Thanks anyway for letting me know and good luck !! The A level thread is this one

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4120615

Thank you! Good luck x
Reply 8
I never signed up for the text/e-mail delivery thing. Was going to but couldn't be bothered lol.

Oh well, just gonna have to rely on the postman. At least I'll know what people got before I know what I did 😂😂 Although I don't think that's something good anyway.
Original post by A+Hunter
I never signed up for the text/e-mail delivery thing. Was going to but couldn't be bothered lol.

Oh well, just gonna have to rely on the postman. At least I'll know what people got before I know what I did 😂😂 Although I don't think that's something good anyway.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on here! :tongue:
Ughh... soo weird seeing 1 day to go :P
Original post by Ethan100
Ughh... soo weird seeing 1 day to go :P

I know im soooo nervous :frown:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I know im soooo nervous :frown:

Me too😴
I'm really nervous for my results :/
This time tomorrow you'll all have had your results! Let us know how you get on here! I'm so excited and nervous. Hope everyone gets amazing results!
Hey, just out of curiosity... will people be getting their emails earlier, like after 1am? Last year for my highers, I got my email at 3am but I've been hearing rumors that the emails will also be posted with texts at 8am? Is this correct?
Original post by TheSmartGirl
Hey, just out of curiosity... will people be getting their emails earlier, like after 1am? Last year for my highers, I got my email at 3am but I've been hearing rumors that the emails will also be posted with texts at 8am? Is this correct?

Never mind, just read the first post. It's a shame... I would love to get my results earlier like the previous years.
Original post by TheSmartGirl
Never mind, just read the first post. It's a shame... I would love to get my results earlier like the previous years.

Hi. If you have activated MySQA, your results will be sent to you at 8am on the 9th August but will also be sent by courier with your certificate, depending on what time your courier runs in your location. SQA have done this so that students are not up all night and stressing themselves out etc. Hope this helps! Hope you post your results, would love to see how you got on X
Good luck everyone!!
Good thing they're sent at 8am because I usually wake up at about 10am now its holidays, so I won't have to wait at all :biggrin:

Although I'd rather not have exams in the first place, nevermind results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending