The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I need to get BCC up to BBB so yeah, kinda need to nail my A2s.

I'm fairly confident of keeping the B in politics, as it was a high B and exams went OK. History I had one retake that went well and coursework was a B so I'm hopeful I may be able to get that up to a B overall. English however I didn't retake; my coursework this year was an A but I'll need an A in my exam this year to get a B overall. Don't think that'll happen, just gotta hope I can get into my firm with BBC/BCC!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emiloujess
UCAS have our results according to the OP :frown:

Absolutely bloody terrified.

Original post by Aph
They do indeed, there is no need to be scared, the ball is rolling and it can't be stopped. You just need to be ready.

Nope not yet - only the CIE results come through this morning. The rest come through overnight/tomorrow morning.
Original post by PQ
Nope not yet - only the CIE results come through this morning. The rest come through overnight/tomorrow morning.

Ah, I was just going from the OP :smile: Still very close though... so when do UCAS/Unis get our results? :smile:
Reply 3403
Original post by PQ

Really??? I was under the impression that they all came today???
Firm: University of Birmingham
Insurance: University of Sheffield.
Current thoughts? Absolutely fookin terrified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Firm: Southampton
Insurance: Hull
Course: Politics
Have BCC, need BBB for Soton...pls be lenient Southampton :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mvoykov
The biology exams were hard especially the second one with loads of practical questions. I found the both hard, dont know about you! I guess the grade boundaries will be quite low depending on how all students did. Other people from my college found it hard as well. We'll see anyways!

Good luck!

Good luck to you too!!
results day is on my birthday
On monday i will be getting around 30cm of my hair cut off to donate to the little princesses trust and also to get sponsored to raise money for melanoma uk which unfortunately caused my stepdad to pass away.
For a great cause and also something to distract my attention away from results day and to focus on raising money for a good cause. If anybody would like to sponsor me this is the link which also explains more about it all. Thanks in advance. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Gemma-Broom1
I'm afraid.
Original post by Georginarosee
For psychology I think the grade boundaries will be.
PSYA1- A 53/54, B 49 C 42 D 37 (thought it was similar to 2013/2012 papers)
PSYA2- A 55, B 50, C 45 , D 38
PSYA4- A* 60, A 53, B 45 C 39 D 32

For PSYA4 I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year. Last years paper was a replacement and so they put easy questions in. This year I think that research methods was good as it contains mostly AS questions but not as easy as last years. However they repeated questions which may have lead people not being prepared.

I've guessed.

What about PSYA3? I feel like theyll be really low because of the whole loopa situation
One minute I'm so excited and happy, the next I'm anxious, moody and everything looks bleak :frown: what is happening to me😞
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
yeah the reason why im still fretting even though I'm AS is because I'm not if my teachers will predict me grades I need if I don't do well this year if I don't then ill try to convince them to predict me what I need for uni bug what if they don't budge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you not ask your teachers to change it? At my college, if you ask to be predicted AAA, they'll do it no questions asked lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lularose83
One minute I'm so excited and happy, the next I'm anxious, moody and everything looks bleak :frown: what is happening to me😞

This is me 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else not feeling particularly phased just yet? It's maybe because I'm getting AS results this year - but nonetheless!
Original post by zoex101
What about PSYA3? I feel like theyll be really low because of the whole loopa situation

Not sure.
Maybe-
A* 49 A 43 B 36

Think the grade boundaries may be lower than last year. Last year everyone liked the aggression questions (which is a popular question to answer).
Due to people being confused how to answer aggression and him getting gender wrong. It depends on how many people did them and if they found it good.
Looking at past grade boundaries from 2015-2012 an A* is between 48-52.

They may be the same due to more people using Loopa.
Original post by Georginarosee
Not sure.
Maybe-
A* 49 A 43 B 36

Think the grade boundaries may be lower than last year. Last year everyone liked the aggression questions (which is a popular question to answer).
Due to people being confused how to answer aggression and him getting gender wrong. It depends on how many people did them and if they found it good.
Looking at past grade boundaries from 2015-2012 an A* is between 48-52.

They may be the same due to more people using Loopa.

Gender was just a s**t stain quite frankly, about 5/55 people in my year said "it was okay" and everyone else hated it...I didn't even write anything :tongue:
Original post by iMacJack
Anyone else not feeling particularly phased just yet? It's maybe because I'm getting AS results this year - but nonetheless!

Same!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if you can apply to the same uni twice ? For example if I don't get my firm choice could I go through clearing and choose a different but similar course at the same uni with lower grade boundaries and if so would I be able to keep the accommodation I already have paid for (if accepted)
Original post by GemmaPierce
Does anyone know if you can apply to the same uni twice ? For example if I don't get my firm choice could I go through clearing and choose a different but similar course at the same uni with lower grade boundaries and if so would I be able to keep the accommodation I already have paid for (if accepted)

Yes you can apply to the same uni for a different course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest