The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I keep logging onto Track/college online portal thinking there may be an early change or release of results :cry:
Reply 4381
Original post by fefssdf
can someone help me out

if i ring up my insurance tomorrow and ask them to reject me so i can be in clearing if i don't meet my firm offer then do you think they'll sort it in time for results day ? I've been thinking long and hard and I'd rather go to another uni through clearing and I have about 3 in mind that i will be ringing up....

They should definitely have time, they'll just put it in your responce that they have rejected you.

What I want to be: 1
What I'll probably end up being: 2

I'm really concerned as to what everybody else has got, and theres a good chance I wont see a lot of people again, so I'll try and talk to everyone but idk how to do that without sounding boastful (I'm 100% sure I've got an A* and 50% sure my other two are A*A, according to unofficial markschemes).
Original post by Aph
They should definitely have time, they'll just put it in your responce that they have rejected you.

ah hope so as I now want to go to york even tho i had an offer before and rejected it lmao... i am dumb
Original post by fefssdf
can someone help me out

if i ring up my insurance tomorrow and ask them to reject me so i can be in clearing if i don't meet my firm offer then do you think they'll sort it in time for results day ? I've been thinking long and hard and I'd rather go to another uni through clearing and I have about 3 in mind that i will be ringing up....

Ring them and ask if they can release you on results day as that's what you want. I have heard that it can take them weeks to do so and that could lead to nearly all places in clearing being taken. If you're very lucky then it'll be prompt on results day. Hey but then again who knows? Your firm could confirm your place. I wish you luck.
Original post by fefssdf
can someone help me out

You can try but be prepared for them to tell you to bog off until Thursday. They've got a lot to do this week and people who have changed their mind (who don't even know if they have the grades for their firm yet) will now be very low priority.

Also bear in mind that you're signing up to a much more stressful August/September if you opt for clearing over Manchester. Most places won't offer accommodation for clearing students so you're committing to house hunting (and possibly spending first year in a shared house) over a guaranteed room in hall at Manchester.
Reply 4386
Original post by fefssdf
ah hope so as I now want to go to york even tho i had an offer before and rejected it lmao... i am dumb

You used to have an offer from York?
Well odds are they haven't already updated your track so they just have to say no although obviously it is risky.
Reply 4387
Original post by Serine Soul

Yes! You too??

Yeahh absolutely bricking it now results are so close!!
Original post by Franckenstar
Ring them and ask if they can release you on results day as that's what you want. I have heard that it can take them weeks to do so and that could lead to nearly all places in clearing being taken. If you're very lucky then it'll be prompt on results day. Hey but then again who knows? Your firm could confirm your place. I wish you luck.

if my firm lets me in then all this worry would've been for nothing and I can look back and laugh but something tells me I will hate my insurance given i want a campus uni and the thought of living in a big city kinda terrifies me ahhh
Original post by Qrstuv
Yeahh absolutely bricking it now results are so close!!

which course and what's your offer?
Original post by Craig1998

I'm really concerned as to what everybody else has got, and theres a good chance I wont see a lot of people again, so I'll try and talk to everyone but idk how to do that without sounding boastful (I'm 100% sure I've got an A* and 50% sure my other two are A*A, according to unofficial markschemes).

Haha, I'm in the position of not having enjoyed the last two years of sixth form so I haven't really got anyone to say goodbye to! I suppose I'm 'concerned' also, but it's more nosiness! What you do is get a friend to ask around and relay the gossip back to you. :wink: :lol:

In all seriousness, I really hate people asking me what I got in terms of grades, and the teachers are by far the worse ones for it! That's why I'm planning on running in and out as fast as possible. -_-
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PQ
You can try but be prepared for them to tell you to bog off until Thursday. They've got a lot to do this week and people who have changed their mind (who don't even know if they have the grades for their firm yet) will now be very low priority.

Also bear in mind that you're signing up to a much more stressful August/September if you opt for clearing over Manchester. Most places won't offer accommodation for clearing students so you're committing to house hunting (and possibly spending first year in a shared house) over a guaranteed room in hall at Manchester.

the uni I'm looking at going to via clearing has tonnes of halls and they've said that youre pretty much guaranteed a place somewhere.... and my other option for clearing guarantees a room for everyone coming via clearing so the accommodation thing isn't really an issue
Original post by Aph
You used to have an offer from York?
Well odds are they haven't already updated your track so they just have to say no although obviously it is risky.

I did yh but stupidly didn't pick it as my insurance and instead put down manchester but now i am convinced that it was all a big mistake and I'm rather terrified now about potentially having to take a gap year cause i dont want to go there and cause they could take ages to release me as they could've updated it already
Original post by Craig1998

Why would you do that when you know it makes people uncomfortable if they want to know what you got or want you to know what they got theyd say, dont leave them with a bad opinion of you.
Original post by patricio_miguel
All those got unconditional offers from UOB:

My friend got AABU (AS) - (anthropology)

Another one - ACC (AS) English Lit)

And another one ...ABBC (AS) (Philosophy)

Me - AAAA (AS) - French Studies and Linguistics

It depends on the course, I have 4 As at AS Level and my offer's A*AA
Reply 4395
Original post by fefssdf
I did yh but stupidly didn't pick it as my insurance and instead put down manchester but now i am convinced that it was all a big mistake and I'm rather terrified now about potentially having to take a gap year cause i dont want to go there and cause they could take ages to release me as they could've updated it already

I'm sure no matter what happens you'll be okay :smile: just don't give up hope.
Original post by Aph
I'm sure no matter what happens you'll be okay :smile: just don't give up hope.

I'm getting really scared now cause people are saying about unis taking ages to release you into clearing and so i could end up on a gap year now because of this so then i think maybe I'm better off just going to my insurance after all and i could always just drop out if it is that bad
Original post by fefssdf
I'm getting really scared now cause people are saying about unis taking ages to release you into clearing and so i could end up on a gap year now because of this so then i think maybe I'm better off just going to my insurance after all and i could always just drop out if it is that bad

You don't even know whether you've met your firm offer yet - never mind whether they'll take you with lower grades.

Only 8% of people end up at their insurance (mainly because most firms take applicants with 1/2/3+ dropped grades).

Ring tomorrow first thing and explain that you don't want a place and want to go into clearing if your firm reject you and ask what they need from you to make that happen.
Reply 4398
Original post by PQ
You don't even know whether you've met your firm offer yet - never mind whether they'll take you with lower grades.

Only 8% of people end up at their insurance (mainly because most firms take applicants with 1/2/3+ dropped grades).

Ring tomorrow first thing and explain that you don't want a place and want to go into clearing if your firm reject you and ask what they need from you to make that happen.

wait what?! Only 8%... What's the point it insurances then :s-smilie: I mean I'm sure those 8% are thankful for it but there doesn't seen much need for it then.
Do you have similar figures for firm?
Original post by Qrstuv
Geog A*AA you??

NatSci with A*A*A :redface:

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest