The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Guys please help me here.
My firm rejected me, and my insurance says (conditional offer: firmly accepted) I have no idea why.
I missed my insurance offer which was ABB and got BBB. I already have my results and did call the uni and they said to wait. what if all the good places are full (if i am released into clearing)
What should I do?
Durham not decided for anyone else?
No idea what my grades are, but got my firm choice confirmed.
Never been this happy in my life.
Original post by Tskadem

Undecided for me too. You missed your offer? I missed it by a grade so I'm ringing admissions but they've crashed.
Absolute miracle.
Needed ABB got BBC but still accepted!
Friend needed BBC got CC and still accepted!
Ty Bournemouth uni!!!!
Original post by elen90
Undecided for me too. You missed your offer? I missed it by a grade so I'm ringing admissions but they've crashed.

I haven't got my grades yet, insurance is confirmed (Warwick)
Original post by Nirgilis
Well done! :awesome:

Happy? :smile:

Did you miss an offer because of this?

No its my AS but i take full A-level maths because i apparently thought I could cope but somehow C4 is 77%? idk if this was bad marking considering i got 100% in my other modules :/
I keep refreshing track JUST to make sure that I really did get into my firm and this isn't just some elaborate joke :redface:
Original post by Nirgilis
I'm sorry :jumphug:

Got a cup of tea to keep you company? :tongue:

Think I'll have to go get a brew now, it's going to be a loooong morning :lol:
Original post by English-help
Its depressing ngl:frown: i wanted to get into Liverpool without foundation yr & now im waiting for my grades rn so might ring through clearing idek:/ is foundation year bad?

For some people a foundation year is a perfect option.

Get your results and see if you can speak to someone at Liverpool about what their foundation year is like.

You have days to decide this so take a deep breath and do things in your own time
Original post by Amy A x
I haven't collected my results yet but i've been accepted by Bristol! Also if Track is showing a link about adjustment does that mean i've exceeded my offer? Good luck to everybody!! Hope you get what you need

Original post by misshouse
Exceeded! Your firm remains but you can see if you'd like other choices instead!

Original post by misshouse
Exceeded!

Original post by Amy A x
I haven't collected my results yet but i've been accepted by Bristol! Also if Track has a link for adjustment does it mean I have exceeded my offer? Good luck everyone! I hope you get what you need

The adjustment option on track appears for EVERYONE Who is accepted into their firm. It doesn't depend on grades or indicate you have exceeded your offer.
I missed my firm but I got into my insurance
Is there any chance I can ring UCL ?
Wait and see what your grades are first. It might be you can get in somewhere great through clearing and not have to do foundation year.

Ultimately you will be happy wherever you go. Liverpool would be great but so would lots of other places.
Wait for results.

Original post by English-help
Its depressing ngl:frown: i wanted to get into Liverpool without foundation yr & now im waiting for my grades rn so might ring through clearing idek:/ is foundation year bad?
What does a small circle next to the letter A signify ob mynresults paper. Is it just an A.
Original post by lolkenneth12
I missed my firm but I got into my insurance
Is there any chance I can ring UCL ?

Ring, ring, ring their admissions.
My firm is confirmed on ucas but I haven't had an email yet is that bad??
Original post by HassanAftab
Guys please help me here.
My firm rejected me, and my insurance says (conditional offer: firmly accepted) I have no idea why.
I missed my insurance offer which was ABB and got BBB. I already have my results and did call the uni and they said to wait. what if all the good places are full (if i am released into clearing)
What should I do?

Call them up again in a bit and ask them what's going on. It's up to you to decide whether to wait for their decision, or whether you want to start looking at Clearing places. It's a really rubbish situation, so maybe take an hour or two to think about it? :console:

Original post by Tskadem

Get your grades, call them up.

Original post by erikkusan
No idea what my grades are, but got my firm choice confirmed.
Never been this happy in my life.

Congratulations! :awesome:

Any plans for the day? :smile:

Original post by lunarpilot
Absolute miracle.
Needed ABB got BBC but still accepted!
Friend needed BBC got CC and still accepted!
Ty Bournemouth uni!!!!

Well done! :awesome:

Happy? :smile:
A*A*A*A :smile:
No idea what my results are yet but I got into Kings College London for English so I'm happy!! :smile:
So I got straight As, with an A* in EPQ.
So so so happy about chemistry as I thought I was going to get a C; so happy about EPQ because that's the first A* I've ever had and happy about BIOL5 because some how I got full UMS!!
However, I'm gutted I didn't get an A* in Biology and Psychology overall as I really thought I would do. Somehow I messed up G543 and the EMPA in biology
It's not imperative for my offer but really more for my personal goals but should I get a remark in those papers? I am 2 UMS off an A* in biology and in past papers I was getting full UMS in G543 so it's possible they could improve
Thankyou!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by conscscscsc
My firm is confirmed on ucas but I haven't had an email yet is that bad??

Nope, they'll be sending out thousands, can take a while to come through. If it says unconditional on track, congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest