The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

So happy got A*A*C
Congratulations to everyone for their hard work and success! I remember when this was me two years ago and since then I've had two wonderful years at University and am moving to Canada in a couple weeks to study abroad at the University of British Columbia for a year. Time really does fly. To those who are going to Univeristy; make the most of any opportunities and experiences that you come across! To those who didn't quite get the grades - know that there is always another plan and experience to be held, no matter what you choose to do. :smile:
Original post by elen90
Durham: "You'll find out by Wednesday at the latest."

Oh gee, thanks. Seems a tad unfair to keep us in suspense for so long.

You can always ask Durham to reject you so you can go into Clearing if that's more preferable to you? :dontknow:
Original post by torilee
So happy!! Got four As at AS. Completely stunned, I honestly thought I'd failed!
I hope everyone's happy with their results :biggrin:

Congratulations :smile:

Original post by elen90

They've done this is in previous years, how important is going to durham for you? You wait till wednesda and there wont be much left in clearing.
Hey guys I've been accepted on UCAS Track but haven't heard anything from the University themselves, anyone know how long before they email or should I try to phone them?
Original post by elen90

You don't have to wait.

If you tell them you have options in clearing you want to take up and want a decision today then you can force their hand.

They've had your grades since Friday night - there's no excuse to keep you waiting other than that they're trying to get someone "better" through clearing and damaging your chances elsewhere to save them time.

They do this every year and it is unacceptable.
Original post by Natalierm2707
Try not to worry to much, I believe everything happens for a reason and you will still go onto greatness in life if you strive for it, it must just take you a little longer to get to the path you desire.

Your grades are very close to the next grade up, giving you the possibility of AAB+A* in EPQ if im correct, I personally would consider looking in clearing for something you like but dont make a rash decision, you seem very confused at the moment and you have plenty of time to make a rational and well thought through decision.

if you dont find anything you like at a university you like in clearing wait back for those remarks and then take a gap year and apply! if your interested still in healthcare why not look at courses related to medicine with slightly lower entry requirements such as pharmacology, neuroscience, psychology, midwifery, nursing, paramedical sciences.

I promise you all is not lost here! best of luck.

Thank you so much! I don't think that I want to give up on med just yet, so I really appreciate everything you said 😊
AABC and into my firm choice, so unexpected that I still can't quite believe it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jeeamf
Hey guys I've been accepted on UCAS Track but haven't heard anything from the University themselves, anyone know how long before they email or should I try to phone them?

You should hear something by the weekend - make sure you check your spam filters
Original post by DDan123
Haha not really, guess I got lots of plans to make :biggrin: I'm working part time atm, hopefully can find full time work then save up for travelling :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good :smile: . Well, I'm really pleased for you :smile: . Enjoy your day! (eat lots of ice cream :ninja: )

Original post by MOIR1997
So happy got A*A*C

WAYYYYYYYYYYY! :biggrin: . Congratulations! :woo: :party: :woo:
Original post by English-help
Do many people do foundation year? I am thinking of doing it & im planning on resitting 4 exams as i got ACE and was 1 ums mark off each grade so whilst doing foundation year can i resit the 3 exams? So i can get A*BC? Or should i take a gap year and resit externally?

A foundation year is generally for people who have alternative qualifications (i.e. non-degree subject related A-Levels) or work experience that can be considered in lieu of the normal A-Level/BTEC/SQAs etc. If you're eligible, they are a fantastic way to get up to speed and you may end up having the advantage over students that go directly into Year 1 of their degree! :smile:

It might be a big ask to resit 3 or 4 exams and undertake a foundation year at the same time, although if you resat during the summer (if possible) and then went on to start your foundation year in September, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

It might be worth talking to a careers adviser at your college and also thinking about the financial side of things. How much does a foundation year cost compared to a gap-year + resits?

At the end of the day, if you want it, you can do it.
hELP I MET AND EXCEEDED MY OFFER AND ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED ADJUSTMENT HAVE I LOST MY OFFER WHAT DO I DO I CANT BACKTRACK
Original post by elzprosser
AABC and into my firm choice, so unexpected that I still can't quite believe it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile:
Got into Cambridge for Maths! First in my school to ever go to Cambridge and Highest ever results in 5 subjects, topped off with some insane STEP results :smile:
Original post by jeeamf

If it says Unconditional on Track, then you're in :smile: . Don't bother them on Results Day if you've been accepted :smile:

Original post by elzprosser

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :smile: . Are you happy? :h:
Original post by PQ
You don't have to wait.

If you tell them you have options in clearing you want to take up and want a decision today then you can force their hand.

They've had your grades since Friday night - there's no excuse to keep you waiting other than that they're trying to get someone "better" through clearing and damaging your chances elsewhere to save them time.

They do this every year and it is unacceptable.

Doesn't matter, I just checked track and it updated to unsuccessful :frown:
I got BBB which I'm so pleased with :biggrin:

But Aberystwyth accepted me even though I asked them a week ago to release me. I've phoned them and they said they'll do it ASAP. Bournemouth can't do anything until they do. I'm so upset right now literally crying. UCAS isn't going to update until 12 and all the places might be gone :frown: So even though I have decent grades I'm stuck :frown:
Original post by tanyapotter
hELP I MET AND EXCEEDED MY OFFER AND ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED ADJUSTMENT HAVE I LOST MY OFFER WHAT DO I DO I CANT BACKTRACK

Don't do anything. Leave it and everything is fine.
Original post by EconEast
Got into Bath A*AA for L101 Econ!

Congratulations! I'll be applying for Econ and Bath next year, what AS Level grades did you get for which subjects if you don't mind me asking? (:
Original post by tanyapotter

:rofl:

relax - it happens every year

If you don't phone anywhere about adjustment it just times out in 5 days

Quick Reply

Latest