The Student Room Group

I did horribly

I ended up with an DEE because of family issues during exam time. I'm planning on retaking.. but I feel really stressed out what should I do

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madhvi patel
I ended up with an DEE because of family issues during exam time. I'm planning on retaking.. but I feel really stressed out what should I do

Would you be happier retaking Year 12? Or retaking the exams in Year 13?
I'm really sorry that this happened to you :frown: It's too late now, (and fingers crossed it doesn't happen again), but in the future you may be able to apply for mitigating circumstances consideration to slightly increase your grades.

Retaking sounds like a good idea, have you found a place where you can do it?

I hope things get sorted out for you soon :smile:
Reply 3
Sounds like you've got a plan to re-take. If you want to go to Uni check out clearing anyway, see if anything catches your eye (did you have plans for Uni?)

Try not to stress too much though, unless you've got some really specific career goal and want to define your life by it - you'll be fine.

The older I've got, the more I've realized that the grades you get don't define you. Sure, it helps with some parts of life, and makes things easier, but it's nothing you can't do later if you want.

For example, plenty of people go into university later in life, and tbh they probably get more out of it. Family issues and school problems during A-levels can really mess things up. It happens, but it's not the end of the world.

Edit And if it's just your AS, not A2 then that's plenty of time to re-take and you won't have to change plans too much! It'll be hard, but give it a shot, see how it goes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hanvyj
Sounds like you've got a plan to re-take. If you want to go to Uni check out clearing anyway, see if anything catches your eye (did you have plans for Uni?)

Try not to stress too much though, unless you've got some really specific career goal and want to define your life by it - you'll be fine.

The older I've got, the more I've realized that the grades you get don't define you. Sure, it helps with some parts of life, and makes things easier, but it's nothing you can't do later if you want.

For example, plenty of people go into university later in life, and tbh they probably get more out of it. Family issues and school problems during A-levels can really mess things up. It happens, but it's not the end of the world.

Edit And if it's just your AS, not A2 then that's plenty of time to re-take and you won't have to change plans too much! It'll be hard, but give it a shot, see how it goes.

These are my A2 grades and yes I'll try my best this year
Original post by Nirgilis

These are my A2 grades and I would have my exams in 2017 so year 13

These are my A2 grades and I would have my exams in 2017 so year 13
Reply 7
What did you want to do at uni?
Original post by JoshGee
What did you want to do at uni?

Radiography
Reply 9

Same, I had some problems at the time of exams also.

I'm retaking both in one year, is that possible? :s-smilie: (Not like whether I can do it, but whether I'm allowed too?).
Original post by BisouX

I'm retaking both in one year, is that possible? :s-smilie: (Not like whether I can do it, but whether I'm allowed too?).

You're allowed to, but it's up to the school to let you :yep:
Reply 11
You're allowed to, but it's up to the school to let you :yep:

Thanks, I actually just need to find a centre because I will be a private candidate.
Original post by BisouX
Thanks, I actually just need to find a centre because I will be a private candidate.

Good luck! :h:

SAME! I got the exact results due to family issues and I am considering retaking the year.
Original post by imanonymous123
SAME! I got the exact results due to family issues and I am considering retaking the year.

I'm probably going to have to retake 5 modules Idk how much that would cost
Wait how can you retake if there's a new syllabus? (except Maths)
I'm probably going to have to retake 5 modules Idk how much that would cost

I'm doing mine at my sixth form which is free. Hopefully I only have to take it again this year. Good luck!
Original post by KINGYusuf
Wait how can you retake if there's a new syllabus? (except Maths)

They are allowing retakes for the old module during may and June too
Original post by imanonymous123
I'm doing mine at my sixth form which is free. Hopefully I only have to take it again this year. Good luck!

oh right I'm doing it at my college
They are allowing retakes for the old module during may and June too

omggg how do you know? :redface:oo Does this mean I can retake Physics and Chemistry?

Quick Reply

Latest