The Student Room Group

Wjec a level unit 4 maths

How did everyone find it?

Scroll to see replies

bad. very bad
Reply 2
Original post by Tardisusers21
bad. very bad

What did you for pmcc? They didn’t give us a significance level for it.
Original post by gatheredjam6

I got the stats book out and found out that all the critical values from all significance levels were less than the product correlation coefficient. So i wrote a paragraph saying that each of the critical values for all of the significance levels were below the CC therefore reject h0 and there's evidence to suggest that there's a correlation.
Reply 4

I saw somewhere that you just assume 5% significance level if they don't tell you one, so that's what I did.
Incidentally, the normal distribution question was terrible
Reply 5
I got the stats book out and found out that all the critical values from all significance levels were less than the product correlation coefficient. So i wrote a paragraph saying that each of the critical values for all of the significance levels were below the CC therefore reject h0 and there's evidence to suggest that there's a correlation.

Yeh that’s similar to what I done. I said the lowest was 1% for a two tailed test and it was still lower than the pmcc
Original post by Rypyd
I saw somewhere that you just assume 5% significance level if they don't tell you one, so that's what I did.
Incidentally, the normal distribution question was terrible

Was that the one where you had to find the mean and S.D? if so I found that much easier than the probability questions and the continuous uniform distribution question.
Reply 7
Was that the one where you had to find the mean and S.D? if so I found that much easier than the probability questions and the continuous uniform distribution question.

Did you get 799.1 for the mean?
Reply 8
I couldn't figure out how to do it at all. Didn't know the method, I guess
Reply 9
We were told standardization wasn’t going to be assessed as it wasn’t on the spec so we weren’t taught it. Do you think they might remove it?
Reply 10
Original post by Bobabbg
We were told standardization wasn’t going to be assessed as it wasn’t on the spec so we weren’t taught it. Do you think they might remove it?

Which question was about standardisation?
Did you get 799.1 for the mean?

yup
Reply 12
(Original post by gatheredjam6)Which question was about standardisation?

where you had to find the mean and standard deviation, and they gave you 795g had 20% and stuff
Reply 13
Original post by Bobabbg
(Original post by gatheredjam6)Which question was about standardisation?

where you had to find the mean and standard deviation, and they gave you 795g had 20% and stuff

Our teachers taught us that and I think they said it was on the spec.
Reply 14
bad. very bad

Glad its not just me. Unit 3 was quite good, little difficult towards the end but this paper, i couldn’t even answer one quesyion fully expect that one where they told us to find standard deviation and the mean, 8 marker. The mechanics section was horrible for me, first page of stats horrible. I shouldve focussed more on this unit tbh i got carried away with economics. I cant even enjoy my holiday now im stressed asf
Reply 15
yup

I got 808 damn thats the only question i thought i got correct
Our teachers taught us that and I think they said it was on the spec.

Yup the advanced information mentions "Link to mean and standard deviation." in the Statistical distributions area so it was hinted at.
Reply 17
Yup the advanced information mentions "Link to mean and standard deviation." in the Statistical distributions area so it was hinted at.

I’m gonna cry I only answers 3 questions properly without blinding grasping straws
Reply 18
Original post by Nenenay
I got 808 damn thats the only question i thought i got correct

Don't worry man. I didn't have enough time to even attempt the last question.
Reply 19
Really hope grade boundaries get lowered for this one. It was way, WAY too hard. I'm doing further maths and the further statistics paper was literally 20 times easier than this one.

Quick Reply

Latest