The Student Room Group

HELP, what should i do about my a level schools and options problem???

im seriously struggling here and any advice would be amazing. I have two options for 6th form:

a) my local, non-uniform school: my options here are BIOLOGY, GEOGRAPHY, SOCIOLOGY AND ENGLISH LITERATURE AND LANGUAGE

(I would really prefer to do english literature however things didnt work out in the option blocks )

b) a 'prestigious' grammar school with uniform, about 10m train journey, my options here are: BIOLOGY, GEOGRAPHY, PHILOSOPHY AND ENGLISH LITERATURE

The benefit of going to the grammar school is that i can do english literature instead of Lit+lang, but the negative is that i have to do philosophy instead of sociology. I think that i would do far better at sociology.
is lit+lang really that bad? or should i try philosophy advice???????????
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hbgeorgie
im seriously struggling here and any advice would be amazing. I have two options for 6th form:

a) my local, non-uniform school: my options here are BIOLOGY, GEOGRAPHY, SOCIOLOGY AND ENGLISH LITERATURE AND LANGUAGE

(I would really prefer to do english literature however things didnt work out in the option blocks )

b) a 'prestigious' grammar school with uniform, about 10m train journey, my options here are: BIOLOGY, GEOGRAPHY, PHILOSOPHY AND ENGLISH LITERATURE

The grammar school lets me do english literature, but is it worth going here if i have to do philosophy instead of sociology. I think that i would do far better at sociology. advice?

Do you need English Literature to do what you want to do after A-levels? Pick the one you think you'd enjoy the most. It's not all about the studying and grades, so go to the one where you will have friends (are any going to either one?) and will have fun :yep:
Make up a list of pros and cons for each School and come to an informed decision. Good luck :h:.
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
Do you need English Literature to do what you want to do after A-levels? Pick the one you think you'd enjoy the most. It's not all about the studying and grades, so go to the one where you will have friends (are any going to either one?) and will have fun :yep:

im pretty interested in doing a geography at uni, but english lit is one of my fave subjects. i guess english lit+lang isn't too different to just lit. and yeah the first one has all my friends
Reply 4
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Make up a list of pros and cons for each School and come to an informed decision. Good luck :h:.

feels pretty equal rn but i'll give that a try, thanks
Original post by hbgeorgie
im pretty interested in doing a geography at uni, but english lit is one of my fave subjects. i guess english lit+lang isn't too different to just lit. and yeah the first one has all my friends

Definitely do what interests you, but also remember that there's more to life than studying :h:

Quick Reply

Latest