The Student Room Group

What did you do to celebrate/grieve A-level Results Day?

When I got my results, I wasn't much of a going-out-having-a-party kind of person, so I went out to HMV, splashed out on Inception on DVD, and watched it on the HD TV with the sounds turned waaaay up :biggrin: . There may have been a tub of Ben & Jerrys in there for good measure.

So, whether you're off to University today, or you're grieving a missed offer, what are you guys up to this evening? :smile:

*if you're not getting results, what would/did you do to celebrate A-level Results Day?
went into town after picking up my results and brought some cake. I said I was going to do it either way. either it would be a celebratory cake or a cheer me up cake. thankfully it was a celebratory cake!!
:redface: renewed my Netflix subscription and bought some food because couldn't be bothered to cook... will have a quiet night...
Reply 3
Watching the Olympics waiting for Bolt!
Sleep
I don't know yet, I don't think my grades have sunken in and hit me yet...I did pretty bad but acting like I don't care or not fussed. I haven't cried, gotten angry, got upset...I don't know...I'm just worried that my depression will kick in once it processes.

I've had comfort food (McDs):colondollar:, taken a nap, listened to some music and had some banter.

Until then I'm going to binge watch JK News, Read MANY manga books, look into study again for my AS and A2!!:colondollar:
Today I got my AS results so not as stressful as it will be next year (!!!) I didn't get exactly what I want yet I have still had a great day. I went to a dessert restaurant with my friend to celebrate straight after then came home to a celebration cake from my mum. For dinner this evening we then had a Chinese takeaway as a treat and I am researching things to do in Paris as I'm going there next weekend as a results day reward!! Overall a very yummy day haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by yungaheartz
went into town after picking up my results and brought some cake. I said I was going to do it either way. either it would be a celebratory cake or a cheer me up cake. thankfully it was a celebratory cake!!

Original post by Abby3112
Today I got my AS results so not as stressful as it will be next year (!!!) I didn't get exactly what I want yet I have still had a great day. I went to a dessert restaurant with my friend to celebrate straight after then came home to a celebration cake from my mum. For dinner this evening we then had a Chinese takeaway as a treat and I am researching things to do in Paris as I'm going there next weekend as a results day reward!! Overall a very yummy day haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm very jealous of your food guys :hand:

Original post by iEthan
renewed my Netflix subscription and bought some food because couldn't be bothered to cook... will have a quiet night...

Anything good on Netflix I should be catching up on? :smile:
Original post by Nirgilis
I'm very jealous of your food guys :hand:

Anything good on Netflix I should be catching up on? :smile:

Not sure :redface: according to @Queen Cersei Suits is good atm so might try that... :redface:
Going to Nandos

I am not an A-level student :ninja2: but celebrating nonetheless.

...not actually going to Nandos, just sleeping.
I'm crying and anticipating GCSE results day. 👍🏼
Reply 11
Guess everyone else is actually out partying :tongue: .
Started off by going to play tennis with a few of my mates. We then ended up going nandos, and I had an alternative solo extra long route home reading the evening standard (phones battery died :rolleyes:). Got home, told my mum everything and went off for a bike ride... going to renew my ps plus subscription now. :biggrin:
Get drunk on the caffeine in tea.
AS results for me, but I'll partake anyway - I got an acoustic guitar and an electric guitar modelling amp as gifts for doing somewhat well (^:

Quick Reply

Latest