The Student Room Group

2016 SQA marking review

Hi there, I didn't get the grades I was expected but I'm a couple of marks away from some As, wondering if anyone is in the same boat and what they are doing about it.
3 marks from an A in H Human Biology, is this worth getting remarked?
4 marks from an A in H Physics but 3 away from a low B, is this worth getting re marked?
Just wondering if anyone has been successful with this in the past, if I cam get just 1 more A uni looks likely but if not I doubt it.

Share your experiences and how close you are to the grade boundaries and we can discuss how to go about this.
Original post by JustAkid101
Hi there, I didn't get the grades I was expected but I'm a couple of marks away from some As, wondering if anyone is in the same boat and what they are doing about it.
4 marks from an A in H Physics but 3 away from a low B, is this worth getting re marked?
Just wondering if anyone has been successful with this in the past, if I cam get just 1 more A uni looks likely but if not I doubt it.

Share your experiences and how close you are to the grade boundaries and we can discuss how to go about this.

I'm 3 marks off an A in Higher Art and I'm getting a remark. It's difficult to say whether or not to ask for remarks in scientific subjects since the answers are a lot more concrete than the arts, which are fairly subjective, but if you really think that you worked hard and deserve an A then I'd say go for it- but still be aware that your grade(s) might go down :s-smilie:
Original post by JustAkid101

not sure about stem subjects... my friend was one mark away from an A in her physics exam and she asked for a remark but the grade didn't change(but that was when we didn't have the project/assignment
if you had assignments, then maybe you can pick up marks through assignments
Reply 3
Original post by rebeccas23
I'm 3 marks off an A in Higher Art and I'm getting a remark. It's difficult to say whether or not to ask for remarks in scientific subjects since the answers are a lot more concrete than the arts, which are fairly subjective, but if you really think that you worked hard and deserve an A then I'd say go for it- but still be aware that your grade(s) might go down :s-smilie:

Aw I hope you get your A! and thanks I will probably still go for it but good luck!!
Reply 4
Original post by Junioh
not sure about stem subjects... my friend was one mark away from an A in her physics exam and she asked for a remark but the grade didn't change(but that was when we didn't have the project/assignment
if you had assignments, then maybe you can pick up marks through assignments

Yea I know when you are 1 mark away they usually double check it just to make sure you get what you deserve although seems stupid that one mark can change so much. But thanks in doubt it will change but I'm gonna go for it anyway because it was my assignment that I lost marks in and it depends on who marks them but Hank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending