The Student Room Group

Did anyone get all As at higher?

helloo I am currently in s5 doing 5 highers and I’m struggling so much. If anyone has any tips on how to achieve 5 A’s I would be so insanely grateful. My teachers are so useless when it comes to asking for help is unbelievable. I feel like I’m all alone and everyone else seems to understand what they are doing. When I ask people they just gatekeep and it’s so frustrating. I’m just so stuck. I have about 50 days of school left till I’m off for study leave and I’m so stressed. Please any help would mean so much.
Hi !
In my Highers last year I got all A's, what subjects are you doing this year??

I can sympathise with feeling alone when everyone else seems to know what they're doing, I think I've actually failed more prelims than I've passed lol 😭. It's not impossible to get 5 A's though, no matter where you are grade wise rn !!

The main things that I'd recommend would be like BBC Bitesize,
-the understanding standards website (ran by sqa, gives examples of answered past papers and the the markers commentary, v good for giving you an idea on what to do in the exam ^^)
-things like quizlet can be good but I think there's a paywall now? not sure.
-I'd recommend Memrise for if you're doing any languages,
-and if you type "SQA Higher + (your subject)" into youtube, there might be some lectures from during lockdown that teachers left up on youtube which can be helpful.
-Also the course specification bit on the SQA website for each subject can be good in getting an overall grasp of what's needed revision wise.
-Doing timed past papers, and then marking them using the SQA's marking scheme can help give you an idea on where to focus your studying for each subject and can help you feel more prepared for the final exam 🙂
-If you know anyone in S6, you could try and ask for their old notes/jotters?
-For essay subjects like Higher Modern Studies or RMPS (if you are taking either), try and do one 20 mark essay per week, it sounds a lot, but I completely flunked my RMPS prelims in S5, my teacher made me write one essay per week on top of studying, and ended up getting an A.
-Also looking up "SQA Higher (+Subject name) checklist" could give you an idea on the topics needed for the exam.
-Bit of a stereotypical answers but flashcards can be really helpful

Hope this helps a bit! Sorry for the messy format of my answer lol
Omg thank you so much😭😭 you gave some websites I’d never even heard of thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️
Reply 3
Original post by Idkwhattopick
helloo I am currently in s5 doing 5 highers and I’m struggling so much. If anyone has any tips on how to achieve 5 A’s I would be so insanely grateful. My teachers are so useless when it comes to asking for help is unbelievable. I feel like I’m all alone and everyone else seems to understand what they are doing. When I ask people they just gatekeep and it’s so frustrating. I’m just so stuck. I have about 50 days of school left till I’m off for study leave and I’m so stressed. Please any help would mean so much.

What subjects are you doing? Also Khan academy is a really good website for all the sciences and maths
Original post by Presentt
What subjects are you doing? Also Khan academy is a really good website for all the sciences and maths

Maths Chem Bio History and IT all highers. But isn’t khan academy jus for England?
Reply 5
Original post by Idkwhattopick
Maths Chem Bio History and IT all highers. But isn’t khan academy jus for England?

No khan academy is for everyone everywhere and it’s free, just go on google and search up khan academy maths or khan academy chemistry and they will offer videos and other things to help you learn some content. Also https://revisehigher.com/ has some notes and materials that might help you with maths and IT.
Original post by Presentt
No khan academy is for everyone everywhere and it’s free, just go on google and search up khan academy maths or khan academy chemistry and they will offer videos and other things to help you learn some content. Also https://revisehigher.com/ has some notes and materials that might help you with maths and IT.

Oh my god thank you so much😭😭❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending