The Student Room Group

Can I take A Levels in the US?

Hello! I am an American high school student about to enter the 12th grade. I am taking Advanced Placement classes and exams at school, but I would like to apply to universities in the UK and I feel that my qualifications and my scores are mediocre and insufficient. I was wondering if there is any way I could sit for A Level exams (or maybe even take courses) in the US. Cambridge International has no schools in my area, so that's out of the question.

Thank you.
Original post by dancingmunchkin
Hello! I am an American high school student about to enter the 12th grade. I am taking Advanced Placement classes and exams at school, but I would like to apply to universities in the UK and I feel that my qualifications and my scores are mediocre and insufficient. I was wondering if there is any way I could sit for A Level exams (or maybe even take courses) in the US. Cambridge International has no schools in my area, so that's out of the question.

Thank you.

Ive heard your high school exams over there are piss easy compared to A levels
Original post by RomeoSantos

Ive heard your high school exams over there are piss easy compared to A levels

I've heard that British and European exams are more difficult.

I've just done really average in school the past three years and I'm kind of freaking out because I'm starting to apply to universities now and I don't know if I'll get in to where I really want to go.
Original post by dancingmunchkin
I've heard that British and European exams are more difficult.

I've just done really average in school the past three years and I'm kind of freaking out because I'm starting to apply to universities now and I don't know if I'll get in to where I really want to go.

What subjects were you thinking of doing? To study for 3 A levels will take you 2 years unless you're super smart and dedicate all your time to study
Original post by RomeoSantos
What subjects were you thinking of doing? To study for 3 A levels will take you 2 years unless you're super smart and dedicate all your time to study

I'm thinking German, History, and English.

Quick Reply

Latest