The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlackSniper
Sorry I am late to the party, I am studying Computer Science. Exciting times ahead :biggrin:

Congrats and see you in October! :biggrin: :biggrin:

We have a group chat on Facebook if you're interested in joining, just pm me :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Could anyone add me in to the Facebook group chat please? Thanks :smile:
Reply 142
Physics here. Anyone going to the 'icebreaker' or 'welcome to Warwick' events, or just planning to go to SU events?
Reply 143
Original post by adynaton
No probs. PPE, tennis and skiing societies for sure, will probably try rowing as well. :smile:

Probably being a bit thick, but what is PPE?
Reply 144
Does anyone know what happens in the first couple weeks? Apparently there is no freshers week, but do you know what there is? I assume there won't be lectures day 1.
Original post by 420Ghost96
Yh i meant insomniac lol , what course are you planning to study and what accommodation have you applied to?.

Can't remmber where I applied to accomodation wise, didn't make a note of it afterwards so yeah. Studying Computer Science (MEng). And what are you studying?
Does anyone know any of the key dates for things like events and freshers etc
All i've gotten from Warwick since results day is a confirmation email and i'm starting to get really stressed!!!

Also are there any group chats going round? Like for specific accommodations and courses?
Original post by The_Marve11
Can't remmber where I applied to accomodation wise, didn't make a note of it afterwards so yeah. Studying Computer Science (MEng). And what are you studying?

I'm studying biochemistry , what societies are thinking to join if any.
Original post by timmulv
Does anyone know what happens in the first couple weeks? Apparently there is no freshers week, but do you know what there is? I assume there won't be lectures day 1.

Check the Physics page, there's a lot of useful info there. For us I think we need to go to the Physics lecture theatre at 10 am on Monday, and lectures start the next day.

Also there is already work for us to do ;P
Reply 149
Original post by Chimaera
Check the Physics page, there's a lot of useful info there. For us I think we need to go to the Physics lecture theatre at 10 am on Monday, and lectures start the next day.

Also there is already work for us to do ;P

Thanks. Oh god. I am going to have to remember my complex numbers knowledge. This is going to be fun :frown:
Original post by timmulv
Thanks. Oh god. I am going to have to remember my complex numbers knowledge. This is going to be fun :frown:

😂 Same. So rusty after the long break
Hey. I know this is late but I got into Warwick to study biology and I'm sooooo stoked :smile: Please feel free to message me, especially Life Sciences students - it'd be great to get to know some people beforehand.
Original post by anotherpapertown
Hey. I know this is late but I got into Warwick to study biology and I'm sooooo stoked :smile: Please feel free to message me, especially Life Sciences students - it'd be great to get to know some people beforehand.

Hi I am going to be studying biomedical science. It's cool that we get our own gibbet hill campus. It would be nice to get to know others
I'm studying biochemistry , what societies are thinking to join if any.

Definitely gonna join the Tabletop Games and Role-playing Society, and probably the Computing one too. Past that, it depends on what some of the others actually seem to do - with some of thedescriptions on the site being pretty vague. Star Wars could be nice if it's just a group of people to relax with. Warwick Virtual Trading Society looks like it could be fun/interesting also. I'm not all too keen on sports, hence the lack of mention above - but I am partial to some Tennis or Badminton, so perhaps I'll try getting into that. You have any ideas which ones you might wanna join?
I got accepted for accounting and finance, anyone else?
Warwick sucks ..do a gap year and apply to UCL guys.
Original post by The_Marve11
Definitely gonna join the Tabletop Games and Role-playing Society, and probably the Computing one too. Past that, it depends on what some of the others actually seem to do - with some of thedescriptions on the site being pretty vague. Star Wars could be nice if it's just a group of people to relax with. Warwick Virtual Trading Society looks like it could be fun/interesting also. I'm not all too keen on sports, hence the lack of mention above - but I am partial to some Tennis or Badminton, so perhaps I'll try getting into that. You have any ideas which ones you might wanna join?

Role playing soc , colour me intrigued. Probably thinking of joining Game of Thrones soc (love the series) , comic book soc (im a huhe CB nerd) biosoc (revision) . And for sports probably gonna at least try out canoeing , rowing and archery. Im really a sporty person either buy uni's the place to try out new things so why not. You arriving on the 1st or 2nd?
Ah very much the same i'm also planning to tryour rowing (i'll probably flop but YOLO I guess) unis meant to tryout new things.

My point exactly ahah
Original post by timmulv
Probably being a bit thick, but what is PPE?

Philosophy, Politics and Economics :smile:
Original post by anotherpapertown

Biochemist here, theres a Facebook group chat for Life science students.

Quick Reply

Latest