The Student Room Group

Should I pick up an A2 in Year 13?

Hello, everyone!
I have been thinking about taking up an AS in Business Studies in Year 13. I am currently studying English Literature, Health and Social Care and Psychology. I am not dropping any, but am tempted to add an AS in Business in year 13. I know I would cope with the work load well and it would mean I have the opportunity to gain more UCAS points (I did Business during my GCSES.) Would it be a good idea??Many thanks! ☺️❤️
Original post by Rhi1998
Hello, everyone!
I have been thinking about taking up an AS in Business Studies in Year 13. I am currently studying English Literature, Health and Social Care and Psychology. I am not dropping any, but am tempted to add an AS in Business in year 13. I know I would cope with the work load well and it would mean I have the opportunity to gain more UCAS points (I did Business during my GCSES.) Would it be a good idea??Many thanks! ☺️❤️

What are you hoping to do after your a-levels?
If you think you could cope with the workload, and the school are happy with you to do it, then why not. Id be 100% sure that it wont affect your other grades before you do it.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
What are you hoping to do after your a-levels?
If you think you could cope with the workload, and the school are happy with you to do it, then why not. Id be 100% sure that it wont affect your other grades before you do it.

I am planning to go to University and do an English Literature degree, then go into teaching or retail. Thanks for the advice!
Original post by Rhi1998
Hello, everyone!

Original post by Rhi1998
I am planning to go to University and do an English Literature degree, then go into teaching or retail. Thanks for the advice!

To be honest I would stick with the 4 you have so that you can focus your workload on getting those A's, because by doing an extra AS is extra stress with the exams, unless you're sure of getting the grades you want in your 4 A-Levels. But if you are, then go for it, always helpful to have an extra qualification!
Original post by Rhi1998

It would always be useful to have the extra qualification.
Did you just do the 3 subjects in year 12?
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
It would always be useful to have the extra qualification.
Did you just do the 3 subjects in year 12?

Yes, because at the time, I didn't think I had an interest in any of the other subjects available.😊

Quick Reply

Latest