The Student Room Group

Why are racist anarchist/communist groups allowed?

Like Black Lives Matter?

Often seen chanting Black power. Sometimes kill Whitey. Riot and destroy their communities even when a Black officer shoots a Black person, Whitey is to blame.

They received $30 million from Jewish billionaire George Soros who is bankrolling many groups even in Europe that are cracking down on xenophobia far-right extremists who oppose mass immigration.
Who is Whitey and how do I meet him? Sounds like an interesting bloke.
BLM strays into hate speech, individual members should be arrested a la the Baltimore 'kill all these cops, kill their kids too' protesters. If they are provably directly inciting violence or severe harm ie not boo hoo my feels but rather shootings or advocating murder directly (simply I wish these damn cops would get shot is insufficient, but BLM has actually caused the death of police officers) then they should be arrested but free speech is a difficult concept.

They must be allowed to express their grievances regardless of how misguided and cannot be inherently held responsible for what this causes ie to say 'white privilege exists' does not inherently lead to the racism of 'lets disadvantage whites', that is a step made by the interpreting individual and is therefore the fault only of the person espousing. To say 'white privilege exists and therefore we should cull whites' would be sufficient to deserve prosecution of the original speaker upon the provable link of their statement to the killer.

Long story short 'I may despise what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'
Freedom of Speech. As much as I despise #BlackLivesMatter, I support their ability to exist as much as any other group.

Suppressing ideas is a sure-fire way to radicalise people.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Freedom of Speech. As much as I despise #BlackLivesMatter, I support their ability to exist as much as any other group.

Suppressing ideas is a sure-fire way to radicalise people.

But they're already radicalised, even though mainstream media endorses them...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending