The Student Room Group

Smoking cigarettes

How do people at uni in the uk see men who smoke cigarettes ? I don't advice for quitting or anything and I know it's a bad habit .
I just want to know how people at uni see it and if it is a turn-off for girls.
Reply 1
The British smoke too. But not all girls will be for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by SMEGGGY
The British smoke too. But not all girls will be for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well , how many do smoke ? ( avg percentage ) .Just wondering , cause in my country out of the people who go out and are sociable in high school around 90 % smoke.
Original post by Anonymous
Well , how many do smoke ? ( avg percentage ) .Just wondering , cause in my country out of the people who go out and are sociable in high school around 90 % smoke.

when I was at secondary school it was about 93% (about 7 non-smokers compared to 120 smokers )
but the girls were more like 30%
I'd honestly have thought it was around 50/50? I'm just thinking about my own circle of friends in uni, half smoked, half didn't
Original post by jamesthehustler
when I was at secondary school it was about 93% (about 7 non-smokers compared to 120 smokers )
but the girls were more like 30%

i think your underestimating the amount of girls, but as far as i am concerned they are all idiots but at least it brings in a lot of tax!
Reply 6
And what about cigarettes ? Can I find Dunhill here ?(there were some countries where I searched in all the shops and couldn't find them )
in my circle there was a reasonable % (say 20-30) who would have a smoke on a night out occasionally but very few who smoked several a day...

it's much less common to smoke in the UK... some people will be put off by it, personally I'd hate to hook up with someone who stunk of cigs and I know others who'd feel the same, others won't care

no one will be bothered friendship wise providing you don't inflict your smoke on others (e.g. smoking in your room)
Original post by doodle_333
in my circle there was a reasonable % (say 20-30) who would have a smoke on a night out occasionally but very few who smoked several a day...

it's much less common to smoke in the UK... some people will be put off by it, personally I'd hate to hook up with someone who stunk of cigs and I know others who'd feel the same, others won't care

no one will be bothered friendship wise providing you don't inflict your smoke on others (e.g. smoking in your room)

Not that I agree with you but less common than...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending