The Student Room Group

10 Credit Uni Module =100 hours work

I've often come across this general rule that*

But for example if, you only needed a pass of 40%, about how many hours would you be in for a 10 credit module, I'm guessing about 60 hours?*
Original post by Nuss

But for example if, you only needed a pass of 40%, about how many hours would you be in for a 10 credit module, I'm guessing about 60 hours?*

Noone can answer this - some students will put in 120 hours work and get 40%, others might put in 80 hours and get 40%.

100 hours is generally the requirement for a passing mark (so 40%) - don't expect to be able to slack off and still pass.
There is no hard and fast rule about this. Everyone works differently, everyone understands things differently, everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. There is no magic number. I will add that you shouldn't be aiming for 40%. If you aim for 40% and miss it, you have to resit. If you aim for 40% and get something in the 40s, future employers will wonder wtf you were doing. If you want to give yourself an easier ride for finding work later, try harder.
On my access course we were told that for uni, 10 credits is 100 hours of study including lectures & seminars. A 15 credit module would be 150 hours including lectures & seminars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuss

Probably less, I get a 1st with definitely less than 1200 hours of work a year for 120 credits. For 40% probably 40-50 hours. But you will fail later years if you go for 40% in the first year (or end up with 2:2)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending