The Student Room Group

En-suite?

Hi, I'm looking to apply for university next year and need a little advice. It's kind of important that I secure an en-suite room for personal medical reasons regarding my stomach and I was wondering how difficult it would be to secure one? Money isn't a massive issue but I don't really want to be paying more than the norm. On all the applications I've looked at, it seems like there isn't really a place to mention my illness to help my application? And it will kind of be a deal breaker as to which university I will attend based on the room - so will I get confirmation of an en-suite room before or after accepting a place at the uni? I can't seem to find it anywhere else so anyone's advice will be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has an en-suite currently, would you recommend it?

Thanks! :biggrin:
Just apply for one before the deadline? :smile: That should be fine then.

I've applied and paid the deposit on my ensuite accommodation for when I go in about two weeks. I think the application process may be slightly different depending on where you're applying to, but it shouldn't be that different.
Original post by HellWontBeatUs
Hi, I'm looking to apply for university next year and need a little advice. It's kind of important that I secure an en-suite room for personal medical reasons regarding my stomach and I was wondering how difficult it would be to secure one? Money isn't a massive issue but I don't really want to be paying more than the norm. On all the applications I've looked at, it seems like there isn't really a place to mention my illness to help my application? And it will kind of be a deal breaker as to which university I will attend based on the room - so will I get confirmation of an en-suite room before or after accepting a place at the uni? I can't seem to find it anywhere else so anyone's advice will be appreciated.

You would call up the university and inform them of this when it comes to your results day and you know which uni you're going to. If they have a deal or such where you're guaranteed a place on campus, etc, then you can arrange it with them that you can get the en-suite as long as you know you can pay for it. Even if that's not the case then they can still be of assistance for finding an appropriate room, in this the en-suite, off a private sector.

Any confirmation of accommodation is always after you've accepted the place at uni. It's usually before that IF you get an unconditional.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HellWontBeatUs

Just get a Drs note and then contact either the disabiliyies team or accommodation to see what happens in such situations. It shouldnt be a problem if they have such accommodation or alternatively look at private halls as many of them have en suite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending