The Student Room Group

Doing 3 AS Levels instead of 4

So I want to know what universities will think if despite having really good GCSEs, you take 3 AS levels instead of 4. I have seen on some websites that they don't look at your AS's but there isn't a lot about it on their websites or around the internet.

Thank you :smile:
Well universities only want 3 full A Levels - the ones that ask for grades do anyway. With that in mind, doing 4 AS's will only help you if you're wanting to go to a university that gives points offered. I don't know if your school is offering the EPQ - at mine we all have to do it - but that could help you out too as some universities give a lower offer based on whether this has been done.

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by littlemix012
Well universities only want 3 full A Levels - the ones that ask for grades do anyway. With that in mind, doing 4 AS's will only help you if you're wanting to go to a university that gives points offered. I don't know if your school is offering the EPQ - at mine we all have to do it - but that could help you out too as some universities give a lower offer based on whether this has been done.

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm at a school doing 4 AS's but am wanting to switch but the problem was that my old school, which is as good as this one, only offers 3 AS's (no matter how many A*s you get). And yeah, I think they have EPQ.

Quick Reply

Latest