The Student Room Group

A level physics or a level geography

Hellooo
I want to do medicine in the future but have heard a level physics is quite difficult at a level especiallt because I am also taking bio chem and maths as well. I was hopefully thinking that geography may be slightly easier with the harder STEM subjects to focus on as they have a reputation for being harder. But for geography I am a bit worried in terms of coursework at a level. Any tips or help between these 2 will be great. Thank you so much :biggrin:
Why are you taking 4 A levels?
Reply 2
Hey
I personally want to and my school normally has everyone who takes 4.
Reply 3
What do you personally enjoy more?
Coping with 4 a levels is going to be rly difficult , do you think you can manage with a level physics too? ( one of the hardest a levels in my opinion) .
Also have you thought about maybe taking an AS level in physics instead? It’s worth half an a level.
Good luck with your a levels tho :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by GTHF
Hey
I personally want to and my school normally has everyone who takes 4.

Your choice, but I think that is a mistake, especially for medicine. Doing 4 provides you with no competitive advantage, and you are better off spending any spare time you have on volunteering, super curricular, BMAT/UCAT prep etc.
Reply 5
Original post by lalexm
Your choice, but I think that is a mistake, especially for medicine. Doing 4 provides you with no competitive advantage, and you are better off spending any spare time you have on volunteering, super curricular, BMAT/UCAT prep etc.

Sorry I meant that my school has everyone to do 4 in year 12. We aren't allowed to do 3.
But thank you for the advice!
Reply 6
Original post by tealpencil
What do you personally enjoy more?
Coping with 4 a levels is going to be rly difficult , do you think you can manage with a level physics too? ( one of the hardest a levels in my opinion) .
Also have you thought about maybe taking an AS level in physics instead? It’s worth half an a level.
Good luck with your a levels tho :biggrin:

Thank you so much for the advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest