The Student Room Group

When things get heated early on. Do you slow it down or keep going?

I am in a new relationship and things have moved pretty quickly in terms of the physical side. I've only ever been to second Base before in the past and it took months for that to happen.

My current boyfriend has already seen me half naked and I've had quite a few firsts with him e. g. first hand job and its only been official for a month. I have never touched or seen a man naked before him... i am unbelievably comfortable around him and i feel really safe and somewhat open minded about a lot of things. It doesn't feel like it's rushed in the moment but afterwards i kinda think '' did that just happen?''. I'm so used to my old ways and never really being able to relax around a guy.

We both agreed things have progressed fairly quickly (even for him and he is a sexual person). I had it in my head that we'd slow down, but last night things got heated again...

I let things happen naturally but i don't know if we should slow it down and take our time with things.
Original post by Anonymous
I am in a new relationship and things have moved pretty quickly in terms of the physical side. I've only ever been to second Base before in the past and it took months for that to happen.

My current boyfriend has already seen me half naked and I've had quite a few firsts with him e. g. first hand job and its only been official for a month. I have never touched or seen a man naked before him... i am unbelievably comfortable around him and i feel really safe and somewhat open minded about a lot of things. It doesn't feel like it's rushed in the moment but afterwards i kinda think '' did that just happen?''. I'm so used to my old ways and never really being able to relax around a guy.

We both agreed things have progressed fairly quickly (even for him and he is a sexual person). I had it in my head that we'd slow down, but last night things got heated again...

I let things happen naturally but i don't know if we should slow it down and take our time with things.

Stop over thinking it and just enjoy time with your significant other. It sounds like you two are both enjoying how things are progressing so keep it that way :smile:
Reply 2
But are you happy? You're still figuring yourself out sexually so there's really no 'normal' wait time for you yet and if you're comfortable then I don't see the issue.
In my opinion... anybody that you are seeing who is quick to jump straight into bed with you (which is fine if that it what you are after) you are unlikely to end up marrying...

I think for long term relationships to work you both should be wanting to get to know one another, go to the cinema, bowling, just become good friends and if he likes and respects you enough he wouldn't want to rush things either.

Nothing wrong with having fun, you are only young once and all of that.
But when you want to actually settle down, relationships need to be built up steadily...
I tend to plough on through :colone:
Get an egg timer
Go with the flow. Did you initiate sex first?
Reply 7
Original post by trapking
Stop over thinking it and just enjoy time with your significant other. It sounds like you two are both enjoying how things are progressing so keep it that way :smile:

I'm trying to stop overthinking things but it's so hard. I keep thinking ''its only been a month, slow down''.

Original post by Sorani
But are you happy? You're still figuring yourself out sexually so there's really no 'normal' wait time for you yet and if you're comfortable then I don't see the issue.

I am happy. I can't remember the last time I've felt this relaxed around someone like this. Everything seems to be going so well right now. I guess it's just taking a while for it all to sink in since I'm not used to any of this.
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
Firstly, only you can know what a reasonable pace is. Secondly, you need to (continue to) discuss this candidly with your partner. Thirdly, if your partner is right for you then there is no pressure/rush. Take it easy and enjoy :smile:

Thank you. So far he's been great. In the beginning he said he was happy to wait until I'm ready and even last night he said the same thing. I just let him know his boundaries.

Original post by Anonymous
In my opinion... anybody that you are seeing who is quick to jump straight into bed with you (which is fine if that it what you are after) you are unlikely to end up marrying...

I think for long term relationships to work you both should be wanting to get to know one another, go to the cinema, bowling, just become good friends and if he likes and respects you enough he wouldn't want to rush things either.

Nothing wrong with having fun, you are only young once and all of that.
But when you want to actually settle down, relationships need to be built up steadily...

Thanks. I've known him for about 6 years and we've been close friends for the last two years, so i was able to get to know him during this time. He's been very understanding so far and makes sure I am comfortable with even little things like hand holding etc

Original post by DanB1991
I tend to plough on through :colone:

Lol have you always?

Original post by xobeauty
Go with the flow. Did you initiate sex first?

I would say no. However he said that I kiss him so passionately and it turns him on. I honestly didn't think anything of it but the other night he said he told me he was really horny and i still continued to kiss him that way. Then one thing lead to another.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending