The Student Room Group

Help/suggestions choosing a degree?

Suggestions choosing a degree please.

Currently doing A levels in year 13.

A level Subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Geography
Why do you want us to suggest something? You might take someone's suggestion and then end up hating it
You have to do something that you actually want to do. If you don't currently know then try looking up the content of some courses or attending some masterclasses, they might help you decide if you do/do not want to do something
I assume you want to do something science-based, going by your A-Levels. I did Chemistry and Biology (I finished Year 13 this year) and I'm starting a Nursing course at uni next week. A friend did Chem and Bio as well and she's doing Pharmacy. If you want to include Geography in your degree/career, what about Geology and Oceanography? There are some suggestions to start you off ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jordanshelley97
Why do you want us to suggest something? You might take someone's suggestion and then end up hating it
You have to do something that you actually want to do. If you don't currently know then try looking up the content of some courses or attending some masterclasses, they might help you decide if you do/do not want to do something

Suggestions based on my A level subjects. Suggestions can help.
Reply 4
Original post by JordanDtsr

Bump.
Reply 5
Bump.

Bump.

What do you enjoy the most? Whatever you enjoy the most, do that?
Grades? Ambitions (professional, personal, financial etc.)? Interests?

Come on, mate.
Reply 8

You can explore courses here for a given set of A-levels:
http://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer/biology/chemistry/geography?o=102

Check the 3 tabs: Best / Close / Unexpected

Bump.
And please don't keep bumping the thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by jneill
And please don't keep bumping the thread.

Bump Bump.
Reply 10
Think about what you are truly interested in. Search courses that are related to those interests. The only way you are going to be successful is by doing something you enjoy otherwise you will end up dropping out or getting a rubbish grade.

Quick Reply

Latest