The Student Room Group

adult nursing at southbank

hello,
I am starting lsbu soon to do adult nursing and I am really struggling as i suffer with severe anxiety, i have a few questions which if anyone could answer, id be so greatful:

1) i start officially on monday 26th sep, how soon after do i go on my 1st placement?

2) is days at the uni 9am to 5pm? (thats what i heard)

3) what books should i start buying?

4) can I wear black trainers for placement?

5) is there any presentations infront of the whole class?

6) how many people will be in my class?

7) what kind of times and days will my placement be?

8) what holidays do i get? (i heard I dont get many weeks off)

9) what does my induction week consist of?

10) what time will induction be? (for example 9 to 5 or how?)

if anyone has any answers for the above, id be so greatful, im a single mother and im really frightened. thank you so much
Original post by nenitak
hello,
I am starting lsbu soon to do adult nursing and I am really struggling as i suffer with severe anxiety, i have a few questions which if anyone could answer, id be so greatful:

1) i start officially on monday 26th sep, how soon after do i go on my 1st placement?

2) is days at the uni 9am to 5pm? (thats what i heard)

3) what books should i start buying?

4) can I wear black trainers for placement?

5) is there any presentations infront of the whole class?

6) how many people will be in my class?

7) what kind of times and days will my placement be?

8) what holidays do i get? (i heard I dont get many weeks off)

9) what does my induction week consist of?

10) what time will induction be? (for example 9 to 5 or how?)

if anyone has any answers for the above, id be so greatful, im a single mother and im really frightened. thank you so much

A lot of these questions will be answered in your induction week. I didn't train at lbsu but these sorts of things are quite common.

Your placements shouldn't start too soon, you'll have a while in university first doing some theory.

Don't worry too much about books, see what's on their reading lists when you start and see what you can borrow from the library before spending money on books.

Footwear you'll be told what they deem acceptable, trainers will probably be a no. Clarks inloop shoes are really popular amongst nurses at the mo and are usually acceptable though.

You might be expected to do presentations, they'll take you through this, you won't be expected to do them to large groups from my experience for my pre reg.

Placement hours will reflect shift patterns to where you're working.

Class times, holidays and all that jazz will be explained to you on your first week or so.

It's ok to be s bit nervous, most people will be, but you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 2
thank you for your reply, I know most of this will be answered at enrollment its just due to my anxiety, the sooner I know all this, the better, sleepless nights for me lately, but thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending