The Student Room Group

I was a victim of racial abuse AMA

I'm of south asian heritage (prefer not to name a country)

As the question states
AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to hear that. :frown:

Would you rather a bystander helped you out in that situation? If so how?*
Original post by Sempiternitas
Sorry to hear that. :frown:

Would you rather a bystander helped you out in that situation? If so how?*

Well my situation was rather different. A bystander would be unable to help. This abuse occurred inside my very home.(not family of course) but locals in the neighborhood. It was a peculiar experience - feeling powerless + unable to do anything
Original post by starwarsjedi123
Well my situation was rather different. A bystander would be unable to help. This abuse occurred inside my very home.(not family of course) but locals in the neighborhood. It was a peculiar experience - feeling powerless + unable to do anything

How did they end up in your home? It sounds like you should get the police involved.
Original post by Sempiternitas
How did they end up in your home? It sounds like you should get the police involved.

They were at one point. The perpetrators were minors however (unable to be victims in the UK) and was a low priority for police who have a focus on more organized crime
Reply 5
What seasoning do you like on your food?
Reply 6
What did they say?
**** those ***** :smile:
What made you use your victimhood as the basis of an AMA. Is that how you want people to view you?
how did they get in your house? if they're threatening you in your own home and you didn't invite them in, i'd say you have every right to use lethal force.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
What made you use your victimhood as the basis of an AMA. Is that how you want people to view you?

No i do not wish people to pity me. I dont really have anyone to talk to this kind of stuff about - i though i would just make a post. Hope this clears things up
No i do not wish people to pity me. I dont really have anyone to talk to this kind of stuff about - i though i would just make a post. Hope this clears things up

It does, thanks.

you can get support here as well as TSR btw :smile:

http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/hate_crime.php

If you have been the victim of an attack, you should always seek advice. You can get this from a Citizens Advice Bureau. You could also get help from your local Victim Support scheme or another local organisation.

For more information about Victim Support, see Personal injuries.

You could also contact the Monitoring Group Freephone Emergency Helpline. The Helpline advises victims of racial harassment and abuse. It is available 24 hours a day, and is staffed by volunteers recruited from black and ethnic minority communities, to ensure that they can communicate with the caller in the appropriate language. The Helpline number is 0800 374 618. There is also a Home Office support line for Muslims - 'Muslim Line'.

so your rude now too?

Ignore her, shes a sad attention seeker :rolleyes:
Reply 13
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Original post by Scott.
What did they say?

Not say. Did. They say actions speak louder than words. More subtle things. Making sure rubbish was always in my driveway, making sure my house would be egged on Halloween, shouting 'moslem' (even though my family aren't), throwing heavy items at windows etc. But this occurred for around 3 years around 6 years ago, but still some small things which i just tend to ignore now tbh. But i wouldn't expect more from brexit-voting, benefit-claiming, beer-bellied and unemployed white trash.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BobSausage
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

9.8 metres per second
Reply 16
9.8 metres per second

:colonhash: You were supposed to say African or European? ....It's a quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail arguably one of the best films of all time :smile:

Also Google argues it's 11ms-1
Original post by BobSausage
:colonhash: You were supposed to say African or European? ....It's a quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail arguably one of the best films of all time :smile:

Also Google argues it's 11ms-1

dammnit! At least i can now watch one of the best movies of all time? Any other movie recommendations?
Original post by PrinceHarrys

Ignore her, shes a sad attention seeker :rolleyes:

Take a seat, pal. Who even are you.
Not trying to discredit your experiences as they do seem valid and serious, but what's your opinion on those that cry "***ism" simply because they get offended by a joke?

Quick Reply

Latest