The Student Room Group

Trapz99's Trek to A*A*A!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by akbar0123
Good luck
Any idea on what you want to do in life?

Thanks
I want to have a good job, have a family, buy a nice house, a nice car and be able to go on vacations. That's my aim really
Original post by Trapz99
Thanks
I want to have a good job, have a family, buy a nice house, a nice car and be able to go on vacations. That's my aim really

K, any idea what job and what car?
Original post by desaf1
Lol no maybe the guy's just not great at physics
Personally I thought physics was pretty good

Cool, Do you have any tips for physics in general or any topics
like e.g. always draw diagrams in kinematics of particles and stuff
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah I don't really like it; I only chose it because I heard that it goes well with maths and further maths.

Fair, thats why i picked it too and i actually quite like it so far
Reply 44
Original post by Trapz99
Plans for this week (12/9/16-18/9/16)
-Finish FP1 Chapter 1 and start chapter 2 - NOT DONE
- Start Fields in A2 Physics - DONE
- Finish C4 Chapters 3& start 4 - NOT DONE, started Chapter 3 but haven't finished it yet
- Start writing personal statement - NOT DONE
- Get into Target 2.0 team and start researching - DONE

As you can see, I have been slacking a bit due to some family events and wasting time and therefore haven't completed all my aims for the week. I need to make sure that these things get completed in the coming week and need to up my game!

I have now started researching with the rest of the Target 2.0 team to decide on what interest rate the BoE should set. Looks like we're in for an interesting few weeks!

I have also decided that I need to focus a bit more on my economics. A bit more revision of AS is needed.

Aims for this week (19/9/16- 25/9/16)
- Finish Chapter 3 and 4 in C4
- Revise Industrial Economics unit
- Finish Chapter 1 and start 2 in FP1
- Finish Chapter 1 in D1
- Start Circular Motion in Physics
- Start personal statement
- Continue researching for Target 2.0

So yeah, that's a huge list for this week!
Reply 45
Any particular reason for choosing Econ, Maths and Stats at QM as opposed to pure Econ?
Reply 46
Original post by Yaboi
Any particular reason for choosing Econ, Maths and Stats at QM as opposed to pure Econ?

I just prefer doing both maths and economics. I'm quite passionate about both and feel that doing pure economics or pure maths might be a bit dull.
Reply 47
Hey guys! Sorry for not posting for the last week- I was really busy with my applications and with other stuff so couldn't find time to blog. But I have completed a lot of things and I can inform you that I am back on track!

I have now started preparing for the Target 2.0 first stage with the rest of the team. Our school has never got past the first stage so hopefully we will be the first team to do it.

Aims for this week (03/10/16- 09/10/16):
-Revise for C4 half-way test and get 90+%
-Revise for Circular motion test and get 80+%
-Finish personal statement (I know, I really need to get to work on this)
-Read more economics stuff so I can write it on my personal statement
-Finish reading "How to think like a mathematician" so I can put it on my PS
-Quit my badminton club membership (I just don't have time for it this year and I need to do other stuff like learning to drive). Don't know why I put this as an aim but I es the aim is to manage my time more efficiently...

So I guess that's a lot! I will keep you updated on my university applications as well as perhaps revision techniques I'm using and my test results so you can see if I'm making progress or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
At least you're doing better than me, I flopped
Greetings fellow student, I was wondering if you have any advice on getting the top marks in Economics, like the multiple choice questions
Reply 50
Original post by Shafy97
Greetings fellow student, I was wondering if you have any advice on getting the top marks in Economics, like the multiple choice questions

For the multiple choice questions, they are just testing your knowledge. If you revise and remember everything you need, then you should be able to answer them all.
Reply 51
C4 test went well, A*
D1 test finished, not yet marked but hopefully A*/A
Physics test (Graivtational fields) A*
Economics essay, A

My teachers haven't written my references yet so my application won't be sent to universities until later on, hopefully I won't miss any deadlines.
Reply 52
Really worried that one of my teachers hasn't written my reference, my application hasn't been sent to universities yet and they've filled up many places.
You need to continue this blog, good motivation
Are you taking a gap year? May I ask what happened in year 12? You said you did really really well in GCSEs...
Original post by Elchapojr
Are you taking a gap year? May I ask what happened in year 12? You said you did really really well in GCSEs...

lol I think he just stopped focusing, it happened to me as well
Reply 55
Original post by Elchapojr

Yeah I did it but I lost focus in year 12, and the workload was a huge difference for me, especially since I did five subjects at the start of year 12, then dropped one halfway through the year
It's my own fault lol

I'll continue the blog closer to the actual exams, January/February-ish
Reply 56
Update:
Finished FP1 and C4
Finished most of A Level Physics
Finished economics syllabus
Started revising for exams, aiming to get A*A*AA

Sorry for not posting for a few weeks (or should I say months!). I've been very immersed in my work and university applications. Reaching the end of most of my A Level subjects, and only around fifty days of actual school left!

I'll make sure to update this more often and with more detail as we get nearer to exams. Hopefully there are still people watching this thread lol, or is it just me?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
Ok let's start this thing again....

This week:
Macroeconomics- notes need to be made
Microeconomics- revise properly
FP2 (more like FML Ameritech?) revise the 42 page chapter.
Revise A2 Physics- Electromagnetism, Mangentic fields, electric fields, radioactivity

Seems like we're getting closer to exams. Its time to buckle up and focus, need at least A*AA but wanna get as many A*s as I can
Reply 58
I've done most of my exams and I can tell you now I'm most likely not getting 2A*s.
Reply 59
Original post by Trapz99
I've done most of my exams and I can tell you now I'm most likely not getting 2A*s.

Why? What happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending